Florida to Copenhagen Norwegian Air?

AK Dreaming

Trying to find a flight from South Florida to Copenhagen. Not many without 2 stops and questionable time allotments and that fit my times. I'm looking at Norwegian Air. I have never flown them before. I got nervous when I heard "low cost" carrier, but the times work for me. My main concern is luggage weights. If my luggage is over, will they deny me boarding? Also, any experience with the airline and comments are appreciated. Anyone had a layover in Oslo?

Thank you,

Tina

I have no personal experience with Norwegian longhaul (only domestic in Norway and regionally within Europe a couple of times), but Oslo is a super easy airport - highly recommended. As far as overweight baggage - they're pretty clear about their restrictions, so grab a scale and test it out with your own bag and you should be fine.

I will say that there are plenty of one-stop options from "south Florida" to CPH:

Aer Lingus via Dublin, Air Canada via Toronto, Air France via Paris, Alitalia via Rome, Austrian via Vienna, British Airways/American via London, Iberia via Madrid, KLM via Amsterdam, Lufthansa via Frankfurt or Munich, Swiss via Zurich, TAP via Lisbon, Turkish via Istanbul, United/SAS via Chicago or Washington DC or Newark, WOW via Reykjavik. Plus an SAS nonstop from MIA to CPH.

Thank you! I was only checking Expedia and did not even think to look at these other airlines. Not my brightest moment. I have read that Air France goes through CDG and read many post about that being a large and confusing airport?
Personally I would avoid any flights connecting through CDG, especially on a tight connection .

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

I don't get how you are only getting mostly two-stop options. Almost everything should be one-stop options. Have you been looking at FLL and MIA?

I am flying in CPH this August, one stop. MIA-LHR-CPH-LHR-MIA.

Norwegian Air does FLL-CPH non-stop and SAS does MIA-CPH non-stop. They just don't fly those flights daily. Its 2-3 times a week there are non-stop MIA/FLL-CPH flights.

But there certainly are many many one-stop options.

As for Norwegian Air. They are low cost, but not the worst from what I have seen (I have not flown them) they have nice new planes, have normal legroom and IFE. But they will charge for anything more. If you have heavy bags it will cost you. Want food, it will cost you etc.. But its not a bad way to fly.

The only negative I can see is because they are a smaller airline that does not work with others, if something was delayed, the delays can end up much longer than say if you were flying American to London, where there are many different ways to get to London on American. Flying that type of airline I would want to arrive into CPH two days early instead of just one.

You certainly should have plenty of options to get to CPH though, including non-stop options.

I have no personal experience with Norwegian longhaul (only domestic in Norway and regionally within Europe a couple of times), but Oslo is a super easy airport - highly recommended. As far as overweight baggage - they're pretty clear about their restrictions, so grab a scale and test it out with your own bag and you should be fine.

I will say that there are plenty of one-stop options from "south Florida" to CPH:

Aer Lingus via Dublin, Air Canada via Toronto, Air France via Paris, Alitalia via Rome, Austrian via Vienna, British Airways/American via London, Iberia via Madrid, KLM via Amsterdam, Lufthansa via Frankfurt or Munich, Swiss via Zurich, TAP via Lisbon, Turkish via Istanbul, United/SAS via Chicago or Washington DC or Newark, WOW via Reykjavik. Plus an SAS nonstop from MIA to CPH.

SAS is the best option except they leave to early on my way home from my cruise and their one way was very expensive.

SAS is the best option except they leave to early on my way home from my cruise and their one way was very expensive.

Most one-ways across the Atlantic will be very expensive, unfortunately. This is where Norwegian does come in as a big advantage, at least price-wise.

CDG is not ideal to connect through, I will admit that. Of the ones I provided, I would recommend Dublin, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as the easiest to connect through.

I've just done this nightmare. I'll be flying out of Newark, so Saturday I booked a UA flight with connection in Sweden via SAS, the fare was soooooooooooo sweet, but SAS did not confirm within the 24 hours so UA canceled reservation SAS does have non stop out of Newark but unless you are flying Business class by time you add up the cost for add ons like selecting your seat it gets pricey.

So back to the drawing board I went and chose UA out of Newark to Zurich, then SAS to Copenhagen

The Return is SAS to Iceland, then UA back to Newark. I try to stay with UA as many options such as luggage, meal I get no charge as I use their cc, plus my miles. It came down to the 11th hour before SAS confirmed. If they didn't I was going to book Iceland Air.

So glad I was confirmed yesterday as the fare for 3 tickets today is almost $900 or $300 pp higher.

The one piece of advise I would give with connecting flights is avoid the bigger busier airports such as Heathrow, Charle DeGaulle, I do this before I book, each airport has a minimum connecting time posted on their website somewhere. The busier the airport, the longer minimum connecting time required for that airport. Just google "minimum connecting time at ..... airport" and you will find what you're looking for.

I also NEVER book through a 3rd party site, I use it as a reference, then go directly to the airlines site, when you use these 3rd parties, if you have an issue you have to go through them, at least that is my understanding.

I am flying in day before cruise departure and staying the night when we get back to port