Opinions on the Dream? Spam me with pics! 😍

Mybearsbaby

Hi! Trying to look for information on the Dream from New Orleans, specifically, the Belize and Isla Roatan. My sister wants to know what the hallways look like. Also, has it been in dry dock or anything added since 2013? We were onboard the Dream back then, but our memory escapes us about many of the details.

A little about us: cruising would be myself, my husband and our two children, ages 5 and almost 2. Also, my mom and sister. None of us drink alcohol or gamble, but we love all the family activities onboard.

A specific question I had: what childcare is available for children under 2? I never can remember.

Thank you in advance for helping jog our memories and sharing your pictures and experiences!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we would never cruise with our kids, and we definitely drink alcohol, but if you click on my profile and click on the threads I've started, I did a review on the Dream 2017 Halloween cruise. Lots of pics of the ship, but not recommended if you're easily offended. Lol For what it's worth, Belize and Roatan are our least favorite ports. Belize has a great chocolate shop in the port shopping area. Other than that, the "big" thing is cave tubing, which we're not interested in. In Roatan, the popular thing is either Little French Key (if you're into animals) and the crowded, touristy beach that is within walking distance of the ship. We paid to take the flying beach chairs down to the beach, which is worth doing once, but not more than that. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great cruise!

We cruised on the Dream this past November and have one booked for June. I don't have any pictures for you on this computer, but the hallways are standard cruise fare. The doors open into the rooms, not out into the hallway like on the Norwegian Escape.

We have cruised several times with our kids, ages 8 and 7. In fact, we took the oldest on his first cruise when he was 7 months old. They are both Gold on Carnival. I don't think they have anything in the kids' camp for under age 2.

Regardless, you'll have a good time! Enjoy!

Hate to be the downer, but the Dream is my least liked ship out of the seven Carnival ships we have cruised on. I think it is the worst design they have except maybe the Sunshine. Most of the spaces are not enclosed, but just open to the walkway. I really dislike this design feature. I also feel that the Dream was the class that really went over the top for number of passengers per space. Just too many people everywhere for me all week. Still a cruise though and I would do it again.

Well, we would never cruise with our kids, and we definitely drink alcohol, but if you click on my profile and click on the threads I've started, I did a review on the Dream 2017 Halloween cruise. Lots of pics of the ship, but not recommended if you're easily offended. Lol For what it's worth, Belize and Roatan are our least favorite ports. Belize has a great chocolate shop in the port shopping area. Other than that, the "big" thing is cave tubing, which we're not interested in. In Roatan, the popular thing is either Little French Key (if you're into animals) and the crowded, touristy beach that is within walking distance of the ship. We paid to take the flying beach chairs down to the beach, which is worth doing once, but not more than that. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great cruise!

Thank you so much! I will look into the Little French Key. We love animals!

We cruised on the Dream this past November and have one booked for June. I don't have any pictures for you on this computer, but the hallways are standard cruise fare. The doors open into the rooms, not out into the hallway like on the Norwegian Escape.

We have cruised several times with our kids, ages 8 and 7. In fact, we took the oldest on his first cruise when he was 7 months old. They are both Gold on Carnival. I don't think they have anything in the kids' camp for under age 2.

Regardless, you'll have a good time! Enjoy!

Thank you! 😊

Hate to be the downer, but the Dream is my least liked ship out of the seven Carnival ships we have cruised on. I think it is the worst design they have except maybe the Sunshine. Most of the spaces are not enclosed, but just open to the walkway. I really dislike this design feature. I also feel that the Dream was the class that really went over the top for number of passengers per space. Just too many people everywhere for me all week. Still a cruise though and I would do it again.

No worries! Thank you for your honesty. I want to hear it all, it's possible positive and negative. I may be in the minority, but I loved the Sunshine. I know it isn't a lot of people's cup of tea, but I like it. I do agree about the people thing...I prefer the smaller crowds of the older ships. Alas, I booked bigger ships as I am drawn to the activities. 🙈

I appreciate your reply!

Hi - just got off the Dream today and we had a wonderful time. I haven't been on Carnival in about 10 years because of a bad experience I was reluctant to return. This was my boyfriend's first time on Carnival. This was also the largest ship either of us have been on, while the first day and last were crowded in most public areas due to everyone trying to get on the ship or off the ship the rest of the week didn't seem to be a problem.

The hallways to the cabins were standard, the carpets looked clean and the wall decor was pleasant; they reminded me of the 50's. The main color that you see prominently is red.

Unfortunately, we do not have young children so I don't know any specifics about the kids clubs and babysitting. There were quite a few kids on board considering spring break doesn't start for another week or so, but all were well behaved.

Belize - this is a tender port, which means it is a bit of a hassle getting ashore. If you book an excursion through the cruise line it seems to be easier to get ashore as they give you priority. Getting back onboard at the end of the day is also a hassle. Unfortunately that is not the fault of Carnival it is the fact that ships cannot get into port due to the reef. We did a cave tubing excursion, although I don't believe this would be suitable for young children, a couple of years ago we went to Mayan ruins and kids could do that easily. It tends to be hot in Belize so take water with you off the ship.

Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) - this was an excellent beach day, you can easily walk from the ship to the beach for the day. We pre-booked the ultimate beach day but you can very easily walk over to the beach and decide what you need/want without booking in advance. I would recommend bringing or getting life jackets for the kids as there was a drop off when getting in the water. When we were in Honduras a few years ago it was a different cruise line so we did other activities but this one was so much more convenient and great for all ages.

Enjoy your cruise.

I don’t have children so I have no experience with the kids activities BUT I have been to Mahogany Bay twice and it is awesome! Rent one of the private cabanas if you can. Worth every penny. It’s nice to have some shade and AC if you get too hot. There’s a safe for your belongings. The hammocks are nice and relaxing too and your ride on the ski lift thing over to the beach is included in the price for up to 6 people I think.

dda38b854f6eb57b32a931f70ea0c5c4.jpg71e968e4d3f21fdf6dea9bcb05289365.jpga2f3b780a9c8c97baa5f402f58d8b42b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can send you some pictures just email me at kdr69@hotmail.com. We did the dream in 2016 out of NOLA and I'm booked again this year for Sept. I loved the Dream. My son was 14 and did the teen club whenever he wanted to but he has been a carnival cruiser since he was 4 so we have experience with all of their kids club levels.

We did the Dream a couple of years ago with our young kids. (probably 5 and 2) I have a review in my signature. But the pictures aren't there anymore due to the host site changing its rules. :(

There is only a pay service babysitting fee for kids under 2. It may only be in the evening.

For Belize there is nothing in the port area except shops. It was hard to find something to do with our kids. We ended up booking an excursion thru island marketing that took us to Goff's caye. It was awesome. It is literally a small island out in the middle of the ocean The water was clear and there was a nice shallow area for the kids.

Roatan has a beach right near the ship but we hired a tour guide to take us to tabyana beach. I think we used island marketing again.

We enjoyed our trip with the kids and since have taken them on two more cruises.

Just a tip if you haven't cruise with kids yet. The first day on the ship is hard. when you board everyone is pretty much on one deck and its packed. YOu have the kids your carry ons etc. The food lines are long. We had a rough first day but it was much better after that.