New Ships

P and O have just announced they are building a further two new ships in addition to the new one one they got in 2015. Just wondering when are Marrella going to bring in new ships into the fleet instead of the TUI cast offs now they are charging similar to premium cruise lines.

I doubt that parent company TUI will want to invest that amount of money in Marella. After Mein Schiff 2 comes over as Explorer, TUI Germany are not getting another new ship until 2023.

A brand new ship is a multi-million investment - in any currency! I think the best you can hope for is another Vision Class ex RCI ship such as Vision OTS, Enchantment OTS, Grandeur OTS or Rhapsody OTS.

As I understand it Mein Schiffs 1 and 2 are transferring to Marella. They are not cast-offs they are being replaced by new builds and had very extensive refurbishments before moving to TUI. Further remodelling is being done before they move to Marella. Explorer is arriving this summer and I trust Mein Schiff 2 next year.

What about Celebration and Dream? They have to go eventually.

As I understand it Mein Schiffs 1 and 2 are transferring to Marella. They are not cast-offs they are being replaced by new builds and had very extensive refurbishments before moving to TUI. Further remodelling is being done before they move to Marella. Explorer is arriving this summer and I trust Mein Schiff 2 next year.

What about Celebration and Dream? They have to go eventually.

I remember the Dream coming from Costa, not exactly a refurbishment, it was dogged with problems, we were on Discovery 2 last year, an improvement yes, but I feel such a bigger ship for Thomson /Marrella it lacked proper entertainment in the lounges, they cannot expect to keep rolling out audience participation game shows as in the past this showed in the Venue show lounge, it was nearly empty most of the time, a real waste. A ship this size needs proper British headline acts.However the theatre performances were great, just a shame they put the same acts on in the show lounge every night. The point is that TUI are a big company and why should we have so called refurbished ships and the Germans have the two new ones, why not one each, seems fairer!

The entertainment venues on Dream are the best in the fleet imo Broadway Show Lounge - great productions, Medusa Lounge - bands, quizzes and game shows, Tides - duo and Waters Edge - duo, together with pianist in Explorers. Discovery 1&2 need to get their acts together or we will be very disappointed in April and June Thankfully we'll be on Dream May and September Celebration in January was good although fewer venues.

Regarding newer ships I'll be happy with another vision class RCI rather than another Mein Schiff cos if I liked ships with 2000+ passengers I'd go with another line. I like friendly ships where you can easily find your way around and not floating office blocks/hotels

The entertainment venues on Dream are the best in the fleet imo Broadway Show Lounge - great productions, Medusa Lounge - bands, quizzes and game shows, Tides - duo and Waters Edge - duo, together with pianist in Explorers. Discovery 1&2 need to get their acts together or we will be very disappointed in April and June Thankfully we'll be on Dream May and September Celebration in January was good although fewer venues.

Agree Vitalsign.Were also looking forward to going back on the Dream in May

In my very limited experience of Marella, I certainly agree about the Venue on D2. I nice room but no decent entertainment on in there all week.

Also, maybe before getting more new ships, it might be better to complete the refurbishments on the Discovery ships - if D2 is anything to go by. Islands buffet in particular looked very tired and a bit tatty in places all the furniture could do with replacing as well as some of the 'hardware' - for instance it could do with new coffee machines - like the ones in Premier Inn for example - instead of the 'urn-type' ones that are in there now.

Regarding newer ships I'll be happy with another vision class RCI rather than another Mein Schiff cos if I liked ships with 2000+ passengers I'd go with another line. I like friendly ships where you can easily find your way around and not floating office blocks/hotels

Vitalsign

looking at newer ships there are two Millennium cruise ship ex celebrity looking for buyers same company i know there not new (2000 and (2001 both 90,ooo tonn,s could replace Dream and Celebration ;p

Vitalsign

looking at newer ships there are two Millennium cruise ship ex celebrity looking for buyers same company i know there not new (2000 and (2001 both 90,ooo tonn,s could replace Dream and Celebration ;p

I have been on Celebrity Millennium and I do not believe Marella will step up to that level of class. Marella seems content at the budget end of the market

was talking to a friend last week, he is a head of department on the marella ships, and he was telling us at the moment marella want the explorers to be the biggest ships they will ever have in their fleet, they don't want to go any bigger