Experience with AON travel insurance ?

PopFla

We recently had to cancel a cruise due to illness. We're in the process of filling out claim forms, etc., for AON. Being the first time we've had to make such a claim, I'm curious (and maybe a little apprehensive) about what to expect once I submit the claim, such as length of time until we are reimbursed, any "curveballs" thrown by the insurance company, etc.

Anybody care to share your experiences ? TIA !

We recently had to cancel a cruise due to illness. We're in the process of filling out claim forms, etc., for AON. Being the first time we've had to make such a claim, I'm curious (and maybe a little apprehensive) about what to expect once I submit the claim, such as length of time until we are reimbursed, any "curveballs" thrown by the insurance company, etc.

Anybody care to share your experiences ? TIA !

I guess the first question is: is the insurance your "primary" coverage? Or "secondary"?

If secondary, you need to file the claim with your primary health coverage first. Whatever they deny, you then file with the travel insurance.

I guess the first question is: is the insurance your "primary" coverage? Or "secondary"?

If secondary, you need to file the claim with your primary health coverage first. Whatever they deny, you then file with the travel insurance.

AON is strictly trip interruption/cancellation insurance, not health insurance. DCL has reimbursed us the cost of our prepaid gratuities and taxes/port charges, and AON is supposed to reimburse the remainder of the total cruise cost minus what we paid for the insurance policy itself.