A bit of an introduction...

*Mach*

Good day to all you wonderful Cunarders!

I'm Host Mach, the new co-host here, sharing the honor with Host Andy.

Although I've never sailed on the magnificent vessels of the Cunard line it's been a life long dream. No where else in the world can one find such glorious floating works of art.

I've been reveling in the photos of the lovely new Queen Victoria that John Heald has been making available to us on his blog thingy. That, my friends, is one stunning ship; a very stirring sight.

Although I've been lurking here for the past few days, enjoying the discussions and insight, please know that I'm only a quick email away should the need arise.

I am humbled by the opportunity to become a very small part of this forum. For me, Cunard embodies the essence of the great sailing traditions of the past and delivers it with elegance and grace.

Thank your for your time and I wish you all a wonderful day.

Although I've never sailed on the magnificent vessels of the Cunard line it's been a life long dream. No where else in the world can one find such glorious floating works of art.

I've been reveling in the photos of the lovely new Queen Victoria that John Heald has been making available to us on his blog thingy. That, my friends, is one stunning ship; a very stirring sight.

Although I've been lurking here for the past few days, enjoying the discussions and insight, please know that I'm only a quick email away should the need arise.

I am humbled by the opportunity to become a very small part of this forum. For me, Cunard embodies the essence of the great sailing traditions of the past and delivers it with elegance and grace.

hosts aren't my favourite people at the moment.

you moved my little boy's birthday thread that was just meant to be for the cunarders SO PUT IT BACK:mad:

hosts aren't my favourite people at the moment.

you moved my little boy's birthday thread that was just meant to be for the cunarders SO PUT IT BACK:mad:

I apologize for the situation but I'm sure that the post was moved for proper reasons.

We all abide by the same guidelines, regardless of forum. I'm sorry that the relocation of your thread upset you and best wishes to Itty on his birthday. He certainly is a handsome lad.

I apologize for the situation but I'm sure that the post was moved for proper reasons.

We all abide by the same guidelines, regardless of forum. I'm sorry that the relocation of your thread upset you and best wishes to Itty on his birthday. He certainly is a handsome lad.

no offence taken:)

2moose i didn't say please take it off either so i didn't thank them;)

I'll post a welcome here as well:) I hope that we see more of you than we do Host Andy - I'm not sure when he last posted but it was some time ago:(

please know that I'm only a quick email away should the need arise.

You might regret saying that:rolleyes:

no please? no thankyou?

Glenn's cross - would you say please and thank you to a steward if you were complaining about the service they were offering?

(HM - See what I mean:) )

Welcome, Host Mach! It is good to know that you have an appreciation for the Cunard tradition even though you have not sailed on Cunard. Read some of the wonderful reviews written by those who frequent this forum and it will make you even more eager to sail Cunard. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Beth

Welcome to the most informative and entertaining group, IMHO, on CC!!! You will notice a bit of drift but it is all in good fun and the knowledge of Cunard and its ships that is gleaned from both the drift and the actual answers to questions, is wonderful.

Bettie and the large cat, HRHugeness

Welcome to the most informative and entertaining group, IMHO, on CC!!! You will notice a bit of drift but it is all in good fun and the knowledge of Cunard and its ships that is gleaned from both the drift and the actual answers to questions, is wonderful.

Bettie and the large cat, HRHugeness

Thanks for the welcome, both Bettie and Beth! There is no grander tradition in sailing than Cunard, at least in my opinion and I'm anxious to read the viewpoint of those who have sailed Cunard ships.

I have to say, that most threads that I read, both here and elsewhere, have a natural ebb and flow and isn't that the way it is in all conversations? Of course, we have the forum guidelines that we need to abide by but I believe that as long as we maintain the central theme we're alright.

Bear with me, please, as I learn and get to know you folks. I'll do my best to be an asset rather than a hindrance.

... Although I've never sailed on the magnificent vessels of the Cunard line it's been a life long dream. ...

Welcome, Host Mach.

I'm sure that the Cruise Critic On-the-Job Training Directorate is already researching which QE2/QM2/QV cruises and crossings to provide for you as part of your training for this board.

While you are waiting for those tickets in the interdepartmental mail, you will have lots of time to tell us about your cool crest. Cacti (dexter base or) / zipper (argent bend) / shaman (sinister chief sable)? I'm just guessing.

Paul

Welcome, Host Mach.

I'm sure that the Cruise Critic On-the-Job Training Directorate is already researching which QE2/QM2/QV cruises and crossings to provide for you as part of your training for this board.

While you are waiting for those tickets in the interdepartmental mail, you will have lots of time to tell us about your cool crest. Cacti (dexter base or) / zipper (argent bend) / shaman (sinister chief sable)? I'm just guessing.

Paul

Ahhh... that's actually the patch from Edwards Air Force Base, the USAF Flight Test Center in California. The 'Ad Inexplorata' loosely interpreted is 'Into the Unknown' or 'Into the Unexplored'.

The cacti are the many Joshua trees that dot the landscape in every direction. The tan color is indicative of the lake bed that Edwards is built around. The object in the upper right is an aircraft trailing shock waves in a black sky.

I had the good fortune of flying at Edwards for quite a while. It was a wonderful experience.

Regarding the tickets... I haven't seen them as of yet. If you have any pull with the Training Directorate hurry them along, please!

Ahhh... that's actually the patch from Edwards Air Force Base, the USAF Flight Test Center in California. The 'Ad Inexplorata' loosely interpreted is 'Into the Unknown' or 'Into the Unexplored'.

The cacti are the many Joshua trees that dot the landscape in every direction. The tan color is indicative of the lake bed that Edwards is built around. The object in the upper right is an aircraft trailing shock waves in a black sky.

I had the good fortune of flying at Edwards for quite a while. It was a wonderful experience.

Regarding the tickets... I haven't seen them as of yet. If you have any pull with the Training Directorate hurry them along, please!

Thanks for the information. 'Into the Unknown' or 'Into the Unexplored' is an apt enough description of this Cunard board as your new destination. And most of us really don't go out of our way to generate prickly spines or shock waves.

My pull with your powers-that-be is certainly no less than my pull with the Upgrade Fairy; I'll ask her to help you.

Paul

My pull with your powers-that-be is certainly no less than my pull with the Upgrade Fairy; I'll ask her to help you.

Paul

In that case I'll be anxiously awaiting my travel documents!... not holding my breath, but none the less... ;)

I think that your Cunard tickets are in here in the UK...

Somewhere between Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs and the National Audit office!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7103566.stm

Ooops...

Certainly we have seen the same thing happen in the US in the past...

Isn't it remarkable that when such records were paper we rarely heard of such a thing? After all, who could handily cart off thirty tons of paper records??

;)

Welcome on board.

When I saw your original post I was afraid that Host Andy had been taken off to the rubber room after just a few short weeks of our general level of urbane humor and thread drift. Glad to see that he is still clinging to sanity and only had to ask for assistance rather than replacement.

Welcome on board.

When I saw your original post I was afraid that Host Andy had been taken off to the rubber room after just a few short weeks of our general level of urbane humor and thread drift. Glad to see that he is still clinging to sanity and only had to ask for assistance rather than replacement.

I can assure you that Andy is alive and well. I'm here to assist in whatever way possible, short of doing up the dishes and taking out the trash.

;)

Hi Mach,

Welcome to our Happy Family, i along with the "QE2" am an "Icon" on this board :eek:

Gav :cool:

Archived