S. Galapagos End of Cruise

5waldos

I have just received word that as of the beginning of 2014, we will be arriving in Guayaquil at the end of the cruise at 3:30 pm. We leave for Baltra from Guayaquil at about 10:30 am. Just a heads up in case your flights out don't work. Ours didn't- we were suposed to leave at 3pm but were able to change them- not even a change fee. We are also traveling on LAN rather than Aerogal.

Edited by 5waldos

Thanks for the information. We decide to fly to Quito for an additional small fee. I wonder if the flight we are on is the same one and continues on?

I've been discussing this very subject with our TA in recent days as we are trying to organise tours of Ecuador/Chile/Bolivia pre/post Galapagos.

Silversea have informed our TA that the flight operates the following rotation :-

Quito

Guayaquil

Galapagos

Guayaquil

Quito

I'm not aware if there are any fees for different options.

I believe the flight cost is Quito to Baltra, perhaps stopping in Guayaquil to pick up passengers on the way and kind of the opposite on the way back but the passengers departing in Guayaquil. So those continuing on to Quito pay slightly more. Leaving from Guayaquil and returning to Guayaquil should be slightly less. Until we actually get reports from those actually taking this cruise it's tough to say what is true. :rolleyes:

I believe the flight cost is Quito to Baltra, perhaps stopping in Guayaquil to pick up passengers on the way and kind of the opposite on the way back but the passengers departing in Guayaquil. So those continuing on to Quito pay slightly more. Leaving from Guayaquil and returning to Guayaquil should be slightly less. Until we actually get reports from those actually taking this cruise it's tough to say what is true. :rolleyes:

And what is happening now is changing beginning of 2014- including the carrier. So, it will be what it is.

we are flying from Cuzco to Quito change planes then off to Baltra (via Guayaquil i think) will this affect us?

I would check to see what, if any, impact it has on our flights. This is the infor I was given

LAN 1553 GUAYAQUIL TO BALTRA dep 1045A arr 1150A Airbus 320

LAN 1552 BALTRA TO GUAYAQUIL dep 1230P arr 330P Airbus 320