Q&A: The Birth of Azamara Cruises

LauraS

I did not read the whole article. We cruised on the Azamara Journey when it was recently acquired by Celebrity from the defunct Renaissance line. It was a fine cruise and not yet rebranded 'Club'. I also remember two Renaissance ships stranded in Papeete's port.

Doesn't have the premium cruise sector a lot of competition now with the addition of Viking Ocean? We cruise for the itinerary only and actually wound up with Azamara Quest for our Japan cruise in 2019. This cruise sells so well that other people must want it for he same reasons. The competitors have less ports.

Laura, I think we've had quite enough of your 'hit and runs' with non-luxury related and obviously NOT brand-new articles. Can you give it a rest?

If you were paying something to be here, I'd agree with you, however, I just look at these kind of articles as the advertising required to keep a free site going.

If you were paying something to be here, I'd agree with you, however, I just look at these kind of articles as the advertising required to keep a free site going.

It is just lazy journalism to publish an old, in this case 10 years old, article with unamended wording under the guise of it being " brand new".

Why not write a true brand new article?

Why not start a new board for luxury lite cruise lines and put Azamara, Oceania, Viking etc. where they belong?

+1

Or get rid of the Luxury Cruising board if the lines are going to continue to be blurred in this way!