Dress on Insignia

st5310

Hi folks,

Leaving for 10-day NE/Bermuda on Insignia on August 4 for a first-time cruise on an Oceania ship. Dress guidelines suggest 'country club casual.' What does this mean, exactly? For example, can I wear a nice pair of jeans (not torn or faded) during the day? I'm not a shorts and flip-flops kind of guy, but would that be OK as well for those who are? What would my wife be expected to wear (keeping in mind we are 70+)? Don't be afraid to be specific.

Our cruising experience is with the mass-market ships, e.g. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, where dress is far less formal. I could use some guidance here. Thank you in advance.

Also.... We are in a Penthouse Suite (PH3) and are seriously considering the Prestige Select beverage package. We took the onboard credit as one of our perks, not the package. Any thoughts on that?

Hi-

Welcome to Oceania. I will usually wear casual walking/day hiking attire during the day-LLBean, Lands End, REI, because I do like long walks, hiking along a trail, etc, especially on this cruise where there should be some nice opportunities. Skirt or nicer slacks and a top in the dining room at dinner. Some people dress a bit more upscale during the day than I do. Others wear shorts and flip flops. Collared shirts for men in the dining room at night. In the past, no jeans in the dining room at night-some think it's ok now if they are designer type. No flip flops, shorts or beach sandals in the dining room at night. Sometimes men wear a sport coat, especially in the specialty restaurants but this is a summer cruise with lots of ports so I think you will see less of that. There are no formal nights.

Check out our roll call. Not too many of us but we do plan to get together at least once.

Mary

Hi-

Welcome to Oceania. I will usually wear casual walking/day hiking attire during the day-LLBean, Lands End, REI, because I do like long walks, hiking along a trail, etc, especially on this cruise where there should be some nice opportunities. Skirt or nicer slacks and a top in the dining room at dinner. Some people dress a bit more upscale during the day than I do. Others wear shorts and flip flops. Collared shirts for men in the dining room at night. In the past, no jeans in the dining room at night-some think it's ok now if they are designer type. No flip flops, shorts or beach sandals in the dining room at night. Sometimes men wear a sport coat, especially in the specialty restaurants but this is a summer cruise with lots of ports so I think you will see less of that. There are no formal nights.

Check out our roll call. Not too many of us but we do plan to get together at least once.

Mary

Thanks for the quick reply, Mary. This is VERY helpful. Yes, we'll do the roll call! Neil

Please page down to page 5, this is page 1. On it you will find a thread entitled “Oceania Dress Code” where one can read ad naseum on the issue. The last post was on 6/9/18 so all revelations are current.

Dress codes are such divisive issue, many of us have no desire to participate in that discussion. Read the other thread! Have fun with it!

Please page down to page 5, this is page 1. On it you will find a thread entitled “Oceania Dress Code” where one can read ad naseum on the issue. The last post was on 6/9/18 so all revelations are current.

Dress codes are such divisive issue, many of us have no desire to participate in that discussion. Read the other thread! Have fun with it!

Thanks, Pinotlover, but there is no page 5 on this thread. At the moment, only a page one.

Page 5 on the Oceania BOARD. ;p

Yes, figured it out, thanks. You were certainly right about the issue's divisiveness and I understand why you would choose not to participate. After reading many of the posts, I think I now have a good grasp of what to wear. I won't stress out about it, that's for sure. Thank you kindly. Neil