Luggage in San Francisco

mel8kri

To clarify the above advice. Yes. Absolutely best always to get official information. However, you probably want to be clear in your request. As you stated, you want to drop off your luggage, not check-in. Typically, at most cruise ports, if there are luggage porters working (as there will be for disembarking passengers) - you can usually drop off bags (with a tip) independently before going through check-in.

Curious how early is "really early" - realize that many stores and attractions along the Embarcadero won't be open before 10-11:00 or so - but the Ferry Building'shops and food hall may be a good stop for you in the morning. (It's about a quarter-mile walk along the Embarcadero, at the foot of Market St, across from Embarcadero Center)

To clarify the above advice. Yes. Absolutely best always to get official information. However, you probably want to be clear in your request. As you stated, you want to drop off your luggage, not check-in. Typically, at most cruise ports, if there are luggage porters working (as there will be for disembarking passengers) - you can usually drop off bags (with a tip) independently before going through check-in.

Curious how early is "really early" - realize that many stores and attractions along the Embarcadero won't be open before 10-11:00 or so - but the Ferry Building'shops and food hall may be a good stop for you in the morning. (It's about a quarter-mile walk along the Embarcadero, at the foot of Market St, across from Embarcadero Center)

Typical CC reply. I just wanted a time . I have cruised many time but not out of SF. I’m not worried about stores being open I just don’t want to sit around for four hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

As soon as you drive onto the pier porters will be standing there to take your luggage. I have been there as early as 10 am and there were stacks of luggage already waiting to be put on the ship. Be sure your room # tags are on the luggage and tip the porters.