Another drink package question.

I am traveling on the Harmony of the sea in October and would like to get a drink package. The problem is my wife doesn't drink so it doesn't make sense . When calling they said I would have to buy the royal refreshment package which still doest make sense. She doesn't drink coffee or juice. So I asked how about the soda internet package which price wise is close but the guy said no. so does anyone know if they will budge off this or should I keep calling.

Just don't buy the drink package. Unless you plan to be plastered the whole time you're almost certainly better off just buying individual drinks. And that doesn't even begin to consider the number of calories you're drinking!! Eek.

Just don't buy the drink package. Unless you plan to be plastered the whole time you're almost certainly better off just buying individual drinks. And that doesn't even begin to consider the number of calories you're drinking!! Eek.
This is priceless coming from a poster who refers to themselves as "frumpy". Plastered the whole time [emoji849] perhaps you are just too cheap or can't afford the package?

The package also includes soda, bottles of water, specialty coffee, non alcoholic drinks, etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Edited by PhoenixCruiser

For anyone interested in an actual answer, the break even is usually 7 drinks per day including port days....

I am traveling on the Harmony of the sea in October and would like to get a drink package. The problem is my wife doesn't drink so it doesn't make sense . When calling they said I would have to buy the royal refreshment package which still doest make sense. She doesn't drink coffee or juice. So I asked how about the soda internet package which price wise is close but the guy said no. so does anyone know if they will budge off this or should I keep calling.

This is because lots of people would be the drink pkg. and share it with those traveling with them. So, they figure everyone in then same room has to buy the drink pkg, if of age. To discourage the sharing of the program.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What does a typical drink cost, say a glass of wine, on Royal Carribean? We are going back and forth on buying the drink package.

We usually get the drink package, but still look at the wine cost to make sure we go under the price covered by the package... we often get a Chardonnay or merlot that is listed as $12 a glass, and they taste ok :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe I am missing something? We are paying $47 each per day for the package. That’s 4 $12 drinks or 6 $8 daily specials. We also will drink 1-2 specialty coffees, a fresh squeezed OJ with breakfast, I like diet ginger ale and sparkling water.

I don’t think breaking even will be too hard and I certainly don’t expect to be plastered all day.

For anyone interested in an actual answer, the break even is usually 7 drinks per day including port days....

Seven drinks per day for every day of your cruise is basically alcoholic level stuff. Plus an absolute ton of calories. Do what you want obviously but the value is not there unless you’re a heavy drinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seven drinks per day for every day of your cruise is basically alcoholic level stuff. Plus an absolute ton of calories. Do what you want obviously but the value is not there unless you’re a heavy drinker.

The break even point is 4 to 5 a day not seven. Also as stated before it includes bottled water, specialty coffees, and other non-alcoholic drinks.

High calorie content probably but alcoholic level no way. What/how you drink on vacation isn’t necessarily what/how you drink at home and I don’t see 4 to 5 alcoholic drinks over a 24 hour period on vacation as being heavy drinking.

You are correct that if you don’t drink 4 to 5 drinks a day there is really no value in getting the package.

Not really - especially if you get a good price on the drink package.

Much closer to 4-5 drinks a day. Basic cocktails start at $8-10, frozen drinks $12-15, wine $8 and up, beer $6-8. Also a can of soda is $4, bottle of water $3 - also specialty coffee, fresh squeezed juice.

Alcoholism has nothing to do with drinks per day. You could have one drink per day and be an alcoholic, if you can NOT make it thru the day without that one drink, technically that is alcoholism.

Binge Drinking:

NIAAA defines binge drinking as a pattern of drinking that brings blood alcohol concentration (BAC) levels to 0.08 g/dL. This typically occurs after 4 drinks for women and 5 drinks for men—in about 2 hours.

If you spread those 7 drinks over the course of a whole day, it doesn't even qualify as Binge Drinking.

It is obvious from your posts, YOU have a problem with alcohol, even it if is other people simply having a drink. I'm also sure you have your own vices you should probably address before worrying about what other people do. You know that whole "mote" and "beam" thing.

Alcoholism has nothing to do with drinks per day. You could have one drink per day and be an alcoholic, if you can NOT make it thru the day without that one drink, technically that is alcoholism.

Binge Drinking:

NIAAA defines binge drinking as a pattern of drinking that brings blood alcohol concentration (BAC) levels to 0.08 g/dL. This typically occurs after 4 drinks for women and 5 drinks for men—in about 2 hours.

If you spread those 7 drinks over the course of a whole day, it doesn't even qualify as Binge Drinking.

It is obvious from your posts, YOU have a problem with alcohol, even it if is other people simply having a drink. I'm also sure you have your own vices you should probably address before worrying about what other people do. You know that whole "mote" and "beam" thing.

Looks I touched a nerve for you. Good luck.

It doesn’t sound like alcohol beverage plan would work for you, and buying drinks individually would. I have a follow up question to all: aren’t regular coffee, iced tea, water and juice at breakfast still available as complementary beverages? I remember juice, coffee and water sections as well.

OP, it really depends a lot on the price of the Drink Package. For our Allure cruise in March, 2019, the Deluxe Package is $60 plus tip and the Refreshment Package is $26 plus tip. So combined, it would be $86 per day plus tip. That would amount to 7 alcoholic beverages figuring $12 per drink. Now, it would allow the wife to have all the drinks included in the Refreshment package, so that would bring the cost down if she drank that or not. I won't judge. If you think you'll do 7 drinks everyday, then include specialty coffee, water, etc. then go for it. If the cost comes down, I've seen as low as $45 per day, then it certainly might be worth it. If you wait until on board, the cost will likely be around $60 per day, and they might make you buy both packages. So if it gets to say $45 plus $26, might be worth it to prepay.

Tough choice I know. Used to be that you could get the package without anyone else getting it. They changed last year because too many were purchasing one package and sharing it. Even worse, coming on here an BRAGGING about sharing it. How stupid is that??? So we all now suffer. I personally don't buy the drink package because I am D+ and get free drinks at happy hour, and there's no way I'll average 4 to 7 drinks MORE per day. I also look at it this way. If I need 7 drinks to break even, and on one day I only drink 6, I've lost money. For me, as the week goes on, my desire for alcohol diminishes. Also, consider that many ships offer a "10 drink" card during the cruise. Not sure of the price, but last year I paid $79 for it. So $7.90 per drink. You can buy as many as you want, and you can share all you like.

So, just another perspective.

It doesn’t sound like alcohol beverage plan would work for you, and buying drinks individually would. I have a follow up question to all: aren’t regular coffee, iced tea, water and juice at breakfast still available as complementary beverages? I remember juice, coffee and water sections as well.

Yes. Tap water, hot and iced tea, Coffee, hot chocolate, white and chocolate milk, juice from concentrate, fruit punch/lemonade,flavored water are all included.

Many people like the package for bottled water and fresh squeezed juice and specialty coffee.