Cabin choice on Koningsdam 3,questions?

louanddave

Hi

Sailing with my adult son.

On previous ships, when the beds are separated....they are still very close.

1 VE category will sofa bed?, would that work?

2 V category, are these cabins any larger and worth the

Extra money?

3 Is the Navigator deck a bad choice because of lido deck above?

Any answers or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lou

Hello,

I am traveling with my adult son, we need a cabin with a sofa bed,

Even though the bed divides, it is still very close.

1 Are V cabins the same size as VE?

2 is being under the Lido Deck noisy?

3 Any suggestions of a good cabin, ranging for VE to V in price?

Thanks so much

Usually when the bed is split there is just one night stand between them. If you don't split the queen, the sofa bed is only one night stand away. Maybe you could ask the steward to split the queen with one half against the wall and two night stands together in the middle.

The non-handicap V cabins on the Gershwin deck (5) are the same size inside as the VA to VF. IMO a V cabin would only be worth more if you got one of the ones at the bends with an extra large balcony: 5096, 5113, 5124, 5141, 6100, 6115, 6128, 6143, etc

The Navigator deck could be noisy below the pool decks. I would choose one below the Lido Market, 8112/8125 to 8148/8161. We had 8138 and it was not noisy from above, but it had a door adjoining 8140 and the neighbors were a bit noisy at times.

Edited by catl331

What you really need to worry about is not having a connecting cabin. The sound travels through the connecting door. We could hear everything from the cabin next to ours, people talking and coughing all night.

My friend and I had the beds separated in 6142 on the Koningsdam. They were close and there wasn't a nightstand between, which I would have preferred.
After looking at my pictures, I'm not sure that it is possible to put the nightstand(s) between the beds because of the things built into the wall. OP, I guess you'd better go for a triple with a sofa bed.

What you really need to worry about is not having a connecting cabin. The sound travels through the connecting door. We could hear everything from the cabin next to ours, people talking and coughing all night.

My daughters complained about this on our December cruise. They had an adjoining cabin and heard every conversation next door. I don't ever remembering this being an issue on other ships.

St. Louis Sal

We love the Navigation deck, so close to the lido deck where we spend a lot of time. We prefer up forward away from the pool decks above and their noise (setting up/packing up those pool lounges). Not sure I would be concerned about beds being a bit close together, as long as you can get out of bed and walk through the gap without having to "crab" sideways. VE8027-30 are ideal from my perspective (have a sofa bed as well) and are close to the lifts/stairs - we have sailed 4 times near lifts/stairs and never had a noise issue.

• 1 year later...

The Navigator deck could be noisy below the pool decks. I would choose one below the Lido Market, 8112/8125 to 8148/8161. We had 8138 and it was not noisy from above, but it had a door adjoining 8140 and the neighbors were a bit noisy at times.

Thanks for this bit of intel. We're booked in 8112 just below Lido dining tables. I was smart enough to avoid pools, but didn't notice it was connected with 8114. Hopefully, that won't be a big deal, but your post gave me pause :-)

Hello,

I am traveling with my adult son, we need a cabin with a sofa bed,

Even though the bed divides, it is still very close.

1 Are V cabins the same size as VE?

2 is being under the Lido Deck noisy?

3 Any suggestions of a good cabin, ranging for VE to V in price?

Thanks so much

I travel with my adult son and we only have the beds separated by the nightstand. Why does it matter how far apart the beds are? Also in a 3 person cabin the sofa bed is still right next to the bed, so unless you have the beds separated (which takes up more room in the cabin) you are still right next to each other. The only solution is to get a signature suite where the sofa is across from the beds ( a waste of money IMHO).