Birthday Flowers

HermmyGranger

I know that you can purchase floral arrangements in advance of cruises, but is there the opportunity to do so after you embark? My mother is celebrating her birthday during our cruise, but I don't want to purchase in advance in case one of my brothers does it as well. If there's the opportunity to do so on board, I can order something different.

I know that you can purchase floral arrangements in advance of cruises, but is there the opportunity to do so after you embark? My mother is celebrating her birthday during our cruise, but I don't want to purchase in advance in case one of my brothers does it as well. If there's the opportunity to do so on board, I can order something different.

Yes, you definitely can. There's a book with choices. The choices are much better than ordering in advance IMO.

DH got me some for my birthday and the arrangement was beautiful. the florists on HAL are petty talented usually ;)

Yes you can do this while on the ship and you will have more choice than what is offered online.

Yes you can do this while on the ship and you will have more choice than what is offered online.

I ordered flowers as gifts several times while we were on the ship and was very pleased with the arrangments our friends received

• 10 months later...

This is a thread from 2017 and I was wondering if being able to order flowers after you are onboard still has additional/better selections? We are sailing out of Amsterdam and I wondered about trying to bring flowers onboard.....but I prefer the convenience of ordering them once onboard.

This is a thread from 2017 and I was wondering if being able to order flowers after you are onboard still has additional/better selections? We are sailing out of Amsterdam and I wondered about trying to bring flowers onboard.....but I prefer the convenience of ordering them once onboard.

Yes, the selection is better on board IMO. DH got flowers for my birthday and the arrangement was beautiful. (May & June this year).

You can also bring flowers on board at embarkation or in port.

Yes, the selection is better on board IMO. DH got flowers for my birthday and the arrangement was beautiful. (May & June this year).

You can also bring flowers on board at embarkation or in port.

Great! We sail out of Amsterdam and thought about bringing them on board but wondered about a vase. I would love to have an arrangement there when friends board but I also like the idea of being able to have a better selection onboard. Hopefully the ship could get them there in a decent time.

Great! We sail out of Amsterdam and thought about bringing them on board but wondered about a vase. I would love to have an arrangement there when friends board but I also like the idea of being able to have a better selection onboard. Hopefully the ship could get them there in a decent time.

If you want to bring the flowers onboard, consider bringing a collapsible vase. I have one that I keep in my travel folder with all my notes, tickets, and itinerary. It folds flat for travelling and only takes a few minutes of being filled with hot water to shape it into the vase. I'm planning on using it in Amsterdam as well.

I always order flowers onboard. If you want them for a certain date, get to the front desk right away when you board, and order them then. Also, tell them they are for a special occasion and you need them right away. Certainly if you are in a Neptune Suite, have your concierge do it right away. (I have not been lucky enough to utilize that.) And yes, there is much, much more of a selection on board or they can custom design an arrangement. I have done both and have always been pleased with what I've got. And even better, the flower prices are pretty reasonable on board. If there is a coupon book in your room, there is usually a coupon in there for a discount off the flowers. The flowers usually last at least 10 days.

I have always been very happy with flowers I ordered as gifts when on board. We weree einited to some lovely parties guests on the ship hosted and we sent flowers as hostess gifts.

I've always found delivery quite prompt for the day you request it.

I've also been bold enough to ask for a vase. I do bring do bring the collapsible ones but they are not strong enough to hold a big bouquet.

Alternatively, if you order flowers early and are on a longer cruise, I just tuck the vase away and use it for the flowers I bring on board and then leave it out for them to take away when the flowers are done.

There are some ports where you can find the vases easily too and very cheaply ;)

I've always found delivery quite prompt for the day you request it.

That has been my experience as well.

I've also been bold enough to ask for a vase. I do bring do bring the collapsible ones but they are not strong enough to hold a big bouquet.

Alternatively, if you order flowers early and are on a longer cruise, I just tuck the vase away and use it for the flowers I bring on board and then leave it out for them to take away when the flowers are done.

There are some ports where you can find the vases easily too and very cheaply ;)

I often held onto a vase when we received flowers and re-used the va se, during the cruise. I would then ask the steward to see to it the vase was returned to the florist when I was done with it.