Celebrity Equinox room 9266

joyj

Hello. I’m new to cruising so went to a travel agent who advised a trip in April and an upgrade to cabin 9226 on level 9 of Celebrity Equinox. I explained I suffer travel sickness but have since been told NOT to book a cabin near the funnel as I will hear the engine and feel vibrations. Does anyone know this cabin or the ship? I am thinking I might need to cancel. Thank you,

Joy:(:(

Hi Joy:

Welcome to Cruise Critic and to the world of cruising. If you like your first experience as much as we did, you will continue cruising for many years.

Since your question is specific to a cruise ship let me recommend that you post this on the Celebrity Cruise Line Board. This link will take you directly to that board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=28

Keith

You will not feel vibration or hear engines in that area. Vibration is usually felt far forward and aft from the thrusters when docking, and leaving port. On the Celebrity board here there is a 'sticky' at the top of the page where people have reviewed their cabins on S class ships, and there is a link to a spreadsheet in the first post of that thread. Any cabin in that area on any of the S class ships will tell you about the area. EM