Anybody got a Silverseas Parka??

southwater

We just tried to determine sizings for Silverseas complementary parkas for their Patagonia cruise. The sizing chart does not seem to make any sense. We are both "normal" size people and for neither myself nor my wife is there any way to possibly match up the sizes specified for all three chest/waist/seat.. Does anyone have real world experience with these parkas and how best to determine correct sizing?

We just tried to determine sizings for Silverseas complementary parkas for their Patagonia cruise. The sizing chart does not seem to make any sense. We are both "normal" size people and for neither myself nor my wife is there any way to possibly match up the sizes specified for all three chest/waist/seat.. Does anyone have real world experience with these parkas and how best to determine correct sizing?

I would suggest you call the supplier and they can assist you. We are also about to order a parka for our upcoming Antarctica cruise. I called them and they were helpful.

Our long-ago experience (2009 and 2011) was that they ran larger than the specified size. I fit into a small and Chris an XS, even with a sweater underneath. We usually wear M and S shirts, respectively. We still have them and wear them for winter coats all these years later.

That said, if you order your usual shirt size, I think you'd be fine. And you will likely have a touch extra room for bulkier clothing underneath. And as Jacko says, they have extras.

Only 11 days until we are on Explorer...but not for a parka cruise!

We have had several trips where you get the parkas. It is on the bed when you arrive at your cabin. If it is too large/small your butler will change it.

I love the new parkas. There is a blue inner parka, and a red outer parka = a great improvement over the older version.

So don't worry about sizing !

JP of course I did a trip report-

https://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/threads/a-few-quickies-for-the-drrons.84704/page-3

That should be the start of the Kangaroo Island part.For those wondering why we are talking about SOL it is the Southern Ocean Lodge.An upmarket lodge with nothing between it and Antarctica but a couple of thousand miles of the Great Southern Ocean.