Princess stole 5 hours from me.

antsp

Sigh ... this thread just shows that time may be gained when heading east to west across the pond, but a strong sense of ironical humour disappears beneath the waves ...

It's such a great Brit thing.

If the Lotus Spa did injections for a sense of humour some cc members need to book a double session.

Ok I see this thread is rather frivolous but I believe the whole concept is wrong and as the OP will distraught at what I have to suggest will have to cancel their cruise.

If you put your clock back one hour for 5 nights you will actually get

5 hours more cruise time albeit while you were probably asleep. However the return trip you will lose 6 hours so HA Ha Princess win - you lose ?

No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong

Sigh ... this thread just shows that time may be gained when heading east to west across the pond, but a strong sense of ironical humour disappears beneath the waves ...

It's such a great Brit thing.

[emoji108]

Amazed some people think this is a serious thread...Maybe us Brits should put a sarcasm emoji at the end of all jokes..[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

The alleged problem lies in the fact that traveling to the east you only get a 23-hour day due to heading into the sun due to time zones. If you stay in only one time zone you get your 24-hour day, as expected. The bonus comes if you are heading from Europe to North America...brace yourself, the days become 25-hours long. Princess cannot change the times of the sun.

You can always travel from east to west and pay Princess for the extra hour.

Steve.

But next month we are going to the caribbean for the sun and are going West?

Enough rum punches and it won't matter, or it will appear to make sense, or east and west will become irrelevant, not to mention indiscernible.

PS I'm still getting the sense that some people think this is a serious thread???

So lets take this to a new level. Do you think they should discount the drink packages for those 23 hour days? One could argue for a 4.17% discount! But of course the Brits should be charged more (not sure why....but it seemed like a good idea at the time).

Hank

Ok I see this thread is rather frivolous but I believe the whole concept is wrong and as the OP will distraught at what I have to suggest will have to cancel their cruise.

If you put your clock back one hour for 5 nights you will actually get

5 hours more cruise time albeit while you were probably asleep. However the return trip you will lose 6 hours so HA Ha Princess win - you lose ?

No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong

OK I will be happy to correct you, as you started from the UK on the wrong side of the pond. The OP started in the colonies in Florida, so sailing to Southampton lost 5 hours going east, and each time change sets the clocks forward, losing an hour of sleep each time. Your forward/back clock motion is reversed, sir.

We've made this transatlantic twice, once starting from Texas (GMT+6), so we've lost 11 hours onboard ship. That's almost 1/2 of a day cruising time that we have lost. :eek: I shutter to think about it, and am bound and determined to recover some of these hours by visiting my grandchildren in Holland first, then sailing home. But in that case I will lose visiting time with them due to jet lag. At least our loss of sleep going over by cruise ship was compensated for by the little Cognac bottles in the Elite Bar, which helped us get to sleep.

The game is rigged.