15 night Sapphire cruise actually 11nt+4nt . Debarkation question

Kelownacruiser

We are sailing on the Sapphire Princess leaving Singapore on January 9th. We booked the cruise as a single, 15 night cruise, but it appears it's actually made up of an 11 night and a 4 night cruise. My question would be, when we return to Singapore after 11 nights, do we have to leave the ship and clear customs and if so do we have to do it at the same time as anyone actually finishing their 11 night cruise would?

You will receive a letter a night or 2 before disembarkation. It will state where and what time to meet with the others, usually around 10am. When those on the 11 night cruise have all disembarked, the Princess staff will accompany you on where to go and what to do.

We will board for our own 15day cruise on Jan 24 when you disembark. Ours is also a 2 voyage sailing in 1 booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will receive a letter a night or 2 before disembarkation. It will state where and what time to meet with the others, usually around 10am. When those on the 11 night cruise have all disembarked, the Princess staff will accompany you on where to go and what to do.

We will board for our own 15day cruise on Jan 24 when you disembark. Ours is also a 2 voyage sailing in 1 booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this correct for Singapore? I have not done a turn around in Singapore, but my experience is that in countries other than the U.S. you treat turn around days just as any other port of call. You do not have an immigration process like you do in the U.S.

Kelownacruiser;

I did a similar trip earlier this year.

I can't recall if leaving the ship was mandatory or not as I was spending the day ashore anyway.

What I do know is that if you go ashore you pass thru immigration both ways.

Therefore you must carry your passport.

You will receive 2 cruise credits for this trip, and therefore if platinum 2 lots of internet. Also 2 mini bar / wine tasting if elite.

Is this correct for Singapore? I have not done a turn around in Singapore, but my experience is that in countries other than the U.S. you treat turn around days just as any other port of call. You do not have an immigration process like you do in the U.S.

If you are not going ashore for the day then you definitely have to leave the boat with your passport have it stamped, wait for everyone then hsve your passport stamped again before you reboard the boat. The complete process took us around 60 minutes when we booked a single cruise that was made up of 2 smaller segments in Singapore earlier this year.

This was our experience......we booked a 11 night cruise on Sapphire Princess 2015.

Booked with one booking number but was two cruises, 4 nights and 7 nights.

As we had spent a few days in Singapore prior we decided to stay on the ship, didnt have to get off or do anything.

Did have our mini bar restocked though.

Also received two credits.

Interesting, one person posts that you have to disimbark, the other that you do not have to disimbark.

I am doing a similar cruise in January 2018.

I did a b2b in 2016 and everyone had to get off the ship and go through customs in Singapore. I was rather pleased we had booked an excursion as Singapore customs was a right pain (long lines, lots of waiting) and it gave us the opportunity of another day in the city.