Pacific Princess Captain's Circle host outdid hersel for the MTP passengersf!

flamomo

I just disembarked from the Pacific Princess in Venice 2 days ago, and had a lovely experience.

I was fortunate to be invited to the MTP luncheon during the first leg of a 23 day cruise, and, as usual, it was an elegant event.

I received an invitation to the MTP Cocktail party during the 2nd leg, but it ended up being cancelled at the last moment due to the unexpected death onboard earlier that day of one of the staff members.

About 4 PM, there was a knock on the cabin door. and when I opened it, Room Service was standing there with a tray. We had not ordered anything from room service, and that's what I said to the delivery person. I was shocked when he said it was being given in lieu of the cocktail party, and was with compliments of the CC host and the ship's Captain. On the tray were two splits of champagne on ice, and a platter of 12 lovely fancy canapés (MUCH nicer than those available to Elite guests on formal nights).

To me, that's going above and beyond, and was much appreciated!!

Thank you, Princess!

I just disembarked from the Pacific Princess in Venice 2 days ago, and had a lovely experience.

I was fortunate to be invited to the MTP luncheon during the first leg of a 23 day cruise, and, as usual, it was an elegant event.

I received an invitation to the MTP Cocktail party during the 2nd leg, but it ended up being cancelled at the last moment due to the unexpected death onboard earlier that day of one of the staff members.

About 4 PM, there was a knock on the cabin door. and when I opened it, Room Service was standing there with a tray. We had not ordered anything from room service, and that's what I said to the delivery person. I was shocked when he said it was being given in lieu of the cocktail party, and was with compliments of the CC host and the ship's Captain. On the tray were two splits of champagne on ice, and a platter of 12 lovely fancy canapés (MUCH nicer than those available to Elite guests on formal nights).

Thank you, Princess!

That sucks. :mad:

You would think they could have presented you with a specialty restaurant coupon.

Canapés and champagne seems a cheap way out of it.

You would think they could have presented you with a specialty restaurant coupon.

What the heck, they were invited to a cocktail party not dinner. Great extra effort as Celebrity did not have to do anything.

Some see the glass half full and others see it as half empty.

Flamomo - I'm glad you enjoyed your unexpected delivery.

Thank you, Princess!

That’s great! In reality there was no obligation to do anything.

Thank you, Princess!

Sad for the Princess crew, losing one of their "family".

It was very thoughtful of Princess to send you that treat to your cabin.

I would have expected nothing less than a full refund of my cruise and a complimentary future cruise credit. How dare a crew member die on us. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I would not have expected anything and would have been more inclined to offer my condolences to the captain and crew for their loss. Very nice gesture on their part.

I have two questions for you Floridalover 5623 - (1) Do you EVER say anything nice in response to someone's post? (2)Are you naturally this mean and nasty or do you have to work at it??

Some see the glass half full and others see it as half empty.

Flamomo - I'm glad you enjoyed your unexpected delivery.

florida is not a Dilly ... Dilly kinda guy Edited by c-boy

I have two questions for you Floridalover 5623 - (1) Do you EVER say anything nice in response to someone's post? (2)Are you naturally this mean and nasty or do you have to work at it??

Not mean, not nasty but they got SCREWED royally. Just making an observation.

I guess you haven't attended to many MTP's and would settle for just about anything like a few canapés. :cool:

It's not Celebrity btw.

Mary Lou - I'm glad you always see the glass half full! I agree with you that it was a very nice gesture.

I think the people who were "SCREWED" were the family and friends of the deceased crew member.

Not mean, not nasty but they got SCREWED royally. Just making an observation.

I guess you haven't attended to many MTP's and would settle for just about anything like a few canapés. :cool:

It's not Celebrity btw.

How exactly does one get "screwed" out of something that was a gift and that they did not pay for?

The MTPs are a gift from the cruise line, but not a right or entitlement. When that gift could not be extended due to a death of a crew member, the host made sure that another gift was presented.

More to the point, the OP is happy and expressing their gratitude for a great customer service experience. Perhaps the appropriate response isn't to point out that it is somehow diminished because it could have been better.

How exactly does one get "screwed" out of something that was a gift and that they did not pay for?

The MTPs are a gift from the cruise line, but not a right or entitlement.

It is when the prior & latter cruises receive a luncheon.

When that gift could not be extended due to a death of a crew member, the host made sure that another gift was presented.

It is unfortunate but that's not my problem but only that of the family & person involved.

More to the point, the OP is happy and expressing their gratitude for a great customer service experience. Perhaps the appropriate response isn't to point out that it is somehow diminished because it could have been better.

Simply it's a cheapened gift compered to what everyone else receives on all other cruises.

If a few horderves & a glass of wine satisfies you & the OP, then everything was wonderful but I wouldn't classify it as outdoing herself. If it were her family involved Princess should have someone else to fill in for her position.

Getting back to FCC/Capt. Circle Host: Isn't Sandy awesome?!! We just loved her! We were also invited to the MTP on the Pacific about 6 weeks ago. It was nicer than the cocktail parties IMO. I had a very complicated job for Sandy: book 9 FCCs, 5 for me, 4 for DH, then book both of us on 2 cruises and me on another. She did it all so competently and found us the best pricing too. I just can't sing her praises enough and am so glad she lives in our area so maybe we'll run into her when she's home. :)

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
sp

flamomo, you have a very positive look on life and cruising. Like you we would also look upon the experience with a positive light and understand about the situation of the death of the crew member. The Pacific Princess with about 700 pax and a crew of 370, it is not exactly a large ship making it more difficult to work around certain events. Thanks for posting.

I'm sure the majority of the affected passengers completely understood and felt the same as the OP.

For the OP - what was the difference between the 2 segments? I now some captains prefer the lunch and some prefer the party - just wondering if you know of why it was handled differently on a B2B.

Also, do you know what the cutoff number of days was? We will be on her for Christmas/New Years.