Help with Royal Caribbean Survey

Just got off HOTS and had an amazing time. Wife and I are doing the survey and it asked if anyone asked us to provide positive feedback on survey. I know we had a couple workers talk to us about the survey but was wondering if they were supposed to or not. I don’t want to get anyone in trouble so how do we answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just want to make sure you aren't being told to give a positive survey. Not to say you can't, but it's ok for them to remind you that you will receive a survey, not that you should rate everything in a positive manner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you know the answer. Just say no if you don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Forums mobile app

I was just wondering if they are supposed to mention it I figured it was No but just want to be 100% sure.

Answer honestly otherwise the survey is meaningless and stuff that we hear complaints about all the time will never change.

We gave a few bad stuff but honestly we don’t have many complaints. We loved all servers so we didn’t remember them asking for 10’s but it kinda was implied to do it

On our last Grandeur cruise they pretty much told us to give them high ratings and about the survey and how bad it is if you don’t give them all 10s. Saying it’s how they get promotions etc. so when I saw that question on that survey I was surprised! I wonder if they know that question is on there!?

On Harmony week before yours & we were more reminded to fill out the survey & that it was important to the crew, but never were solicited for high marks, so I put on my survey that no one asked us about the survey.

A few cruises ago in the past, some crew members were relentless in repeatedly asking us to give them high scores. Side note, I also felt like on the Harmony that the crew was not constantly giving us sales pitches for everything like on cruises past. Sure, tables were set up for drink packages & spa & dining, but they would only start talking if guests approached them.

I’ve been cruising Royal since the 1980s and I can’t recall one cruise when I wasn’t asked by the dining room staff for 10s. Of course, I have always received wonderful service and those 10s were well deserved. I find it unfortunate that whether it is for a cruise line or any other company’s survey, anything less than a 9 is considered a failure. It would take really bad service for me to give anything less than a 9.

And yes, I have certainly done that, just not on a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those questions have been on the survey for almost a year now. I'm sure they know

On our last Grandeur cruise they pretty much told us to give them high ratings and about the survey and how bad it is if you don’t give them all 10s. Saying it’s how they get promotions etc. so when I saw that question on that survey I was surprised! I wonder if they know that question is on there!?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Almost every job these days has surveys.

No place is suppose to mention it and tell you how to answer it.

However, for every survey, Anything less then the highest number is considered very bad.

They staff more or less tries to tell you this because people don't know who to do a survey properly.

4 stars instead of 5 means the service sucks.

If you like your service, give them the highest remarks possible...….

We had this happen to us every night on an 8 day cruise and sometimes several times a night. It was so annoying that on the 5th day I finally said that we all remembered it from him telling us the last 4 days. After 4 days straight I just couldn't take it anymore. The other table mates also said they didn't like being told how to answer the survey. We didn't hear it again until the last day of the cruise. I have never been hounded like this before. It was terrible.

I always feel on Royal that I should answer ‘No’ where you’re asked if someone solicited the completion of the survey.

Just returned from 2 cruises on Azamara Quest and at one of the final parties on board, the Captain actually reminded all the guests to complete the survey and give his outstanding staff a glowing report for their service.

That particular question isn’t on the Azamara survey

I cruise fairly often and have seen the requests for all 10’s stop over the past year. My understanding is that so many people complained about the constant plea for 10’sthat they added the question”did anyone ask for high scores” to the survey. They still encourage you to complete the survey.

I used to create and analyze surveys for a living and the survey tabulation they use is called Net Promotor Survey. All cruise lines use the same type of survey so they can compare apples to apples. A 9 is the same as a 10.

Thanks for all the help. I just started thinking about car dealers. They are all about the survey and they really push you to help them on survey. I never felt pressured by Workers on HOTS to give them 10’s but the survey was brought up. We were given all staff 10’s anyway they deserved it. Only a very few questions received poor scores

I always feel on Royal that I should answer ‘No’ where you’re asked if someone solicited the completion of the survey.

Just returned from 2 cruises on Azamara Quest and at one of the final parties on board, the Captain actually reminded all the guests to complete the survey and give his outstanding staff a glowing report for their service.

That particular question isn’t on the Azamara survey

So even the captain is in on it. I guess anything less than a glowing report also reflects on him.

So even the captain is in on it. I guess anything less than a glowing report also reflects on him.

This has been an irritation of mine for many years. I don't think service and food quality should be lumped together in the same category and I have told the head waiters this many times. They all say that if you don't like the food, you should ask for something else until you're satisfied. How long do I want to wait for my dinner if it's not terrible but not great? I am always honest and make sure to make a comment about the excellent service, in spite of my less-than-10 rating for the food. If everyone continues to rate the so-so food a ten, why would they make any improvements? The quality of the food, in my opinion, has deteriorated over the years. Why have the survey at all?

Allyson

snipped

4 stars instead of 5 means the service sucks.

whats the point of a survey with a wide range of responses if they treat everything not 10 as a failure?

I had a great time on my cruise, some things rated a 10, gave 8's and higher for almost everything except Zoom and IT staff help.

My feelings on all surveys (this coming from the education area) it takes a lot to get a 10. Again there is a range 1-10. 10 is a perfect score no room for improvement. I feel there is almost always room for improvement and growth anything in a 7-10 range should be good.

My feelings on all surveys (this coming from the education area) it takes a lot to get a 10. Again there is a range 1-10. 10 is a perfect score no room for improvement. I feel there is almost always room for improvement and growth anything in a 7-10 range should be good.

And that is part of the problem with people handing out 10's in sympathy for the crew. RCI looks at it and say all is great, we don't have to improve anything as everyone is happy. They can also turn around and use it in marketing... Hey everyone look what a great job we are doing. People should just be honest with no emotional bias. RCI needs to know what they are doing right and they need to know what needs to be improved.

Of course the last survey they sent me had the ship and date of sailing correct but none of the ports of call were correct. I had no idea what to do with that one.

And that is part of the problem with people handing out 10's in sympathy for the crew. RCI looks at it and say all is great, we don't have to improve anything as everyone is happy. They can also turn around and use it in marketing... Hey everyone look what a great job we are doing. People should just be honest with no emotional bias. RCI needs to know what they are doing right and they need to know what needs to be improved.

Of course the last survey they sent me had the ship and date of sailing correct but none of the ports of call were correct. I had no idea what to do with that one.

Interesting comments.

I got an email last week 6 weeks after returning from our cruise on Independence saying they were wanting additional feedback for Independence from special guests even though I sent a survey in a day after we returned from that cruise.