Inaccurate deck plan?

Jaguarmom

I saw a YouTube posting that walked thru cabin 14156 on Harmony OTS and I noticed a door on the wall that indicated this was a connecting cabin even though the deck plan shows this is NOT a connecting cabin.

I am booked on the Harmony on deck 11 room 696. This is not a connecting cabin according to the deck plan but this room# on all other decks is connected.

Because of this, I am concerned that the deck plan may not be accurate. Has anyone experienced a situation where the deck plan was not labeled correctly? I would hate to find out I am in a connecting cabin when I tried to make sure I was not.

Thank you in advance for your help

Outside of it being a preference due to noise, the point is the accuracy of the deck plan. Since cruise lines let us pick our cabins, we all usually chose according to what we feel will provide us with the best experience.

And the problem with a connecting cabin is ....?

The connecting door allows a lot of noise to be heard between the cabins. Something I definitely would not want. And as also mentioned, there are parties who choose adjoining cabins specifically to have that door. So an inaccurate deck plan would definitely be a problem in either case.

The OP might want to post the question on the RCCL forum to see if someone who has stayed in that cabin can confirm whether it is connecting or not.

The connecting door allows a lot of noise to be heard between the cabins. Something I definitely would not want. And as also mentioned, there are parties who choose adjoining cabins specifically to have that door. So an inaccurate deck plan would definitely be a problem in either case.

The OP might want to post the question on the RCCL forum to see if someone who has stayed in that cabin can confirm whether it is connecting or not.

I keep seeing people say this but in my experience it is not true. We have had many cabins with connecting doors and have never heard a sound through the door.

I keep seeing people say this but in my experience it is not true. We have had many cabins with connecting doors and have never heard a sound through the door.

We've not had issues with that either, but I guess it depends on how loud your neighbors are - which then could be an issue in any stateroom I would think. Our issue usually with avoiding a connecting room is that in our experience the space taken up by the door sometimes means that a couch might then be a love seat, or a love seat might be a chair instead.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Independence of the Seas Oct. transatlantic cabin 1534. Heard the people in the next cabin arguing, howling wind noise through the door gap if either cabin had the balcony door open, loud gush of air when the other cabin hallway door was opened. Morning of day 2 maintenance showed up and used a roll of duct tape to seal everything off. Now after looking back and reading all the complainers complaints on this board I should of requested a huge OBC, full refund of my cruise fare and a substantial future cruise credit. It is all true except the last sentence.

It's not true because you haven't experienced it? So all the people you saw who said otherwise were just imagining it? Or would it have been more accurate if you had simply said that while you had seen the noise complaints, that had not been YOUR experience?

I keep seeing people say this but in my experience it is not true.

We have had many cabins with connecting doors and have never heard a sound through the door.

It's not true because you haven't experienced it?

So all the people you saw who said otherwise were just imagining it?

Or would it have been more accurate if you had simply said that while you had seen the noise complaints, that had not been YOUR experience?

The complaint we have seen, is from relatives with connecting cabins, that want to be left alone.

Respect one's privacy.

I just checked 3 separate online travel sites and only see that 11696 does not show as a connecting room. One of the sites I accessed is the Royal Caribbean travel agent's only website, and it,also, shows it as a non-connecting cabin. So other than someone who has actual experience in that cabin, you will only be told that it does not connect no matter who you talk to.