Best Mayan Ruin to see in Costa Maya?

JRA1708

Hello,

We will be sailing on Royal in May. I booked Chichen Itza 6 hour tour for Cozumel, but now I am having 2nd thoughts after reading the travel time is considerably greater than the actual time at the ruins. Now I am trying to figure out if I want to change to a tour from Costa Maya? Is there anything close worth going to see?

Thanks,

Jodi

• 2 weeks later...

We took a shore excursion to Chaccoben Mayan Ruins last December. My wife took a lot of pictures on the cruise and made them into a slide show for her website. I will try to post a link below to the slide show she has on her YouTube channel. The Chaccoben excursion starts at about 1:40

[YOUTUBE]GSdymbTNEng?rel=0[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by JimAOk1945

Check Native Choice Tours. They offer tours to a couple of ruins. We did the Chacchoben Extreme Tour with them and enjoyed it. The time to the ruins was maybe 45 min or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a great experience on this tour. Friendly and well run.

We took a shore excursion to Chaccoben Mayan Ruins last December. My wife took a lot of pictures on the cruise and made them into a slide show for her website. I will try to post a link below to the slide show she has on her YouTube channel. The Chaccoben excursion starts at about 1:40

GSdymbTNEng?rel=0

Thanks so much for sharing this video.

Keith

GSdymbTNEng?rel=0

Was it a difficult walk from where you parked to the ruins? (uneven, uphill, etc.) Thanks!

Thanks, Jim! It looked level from your wife's pictures but the excursion synopsis made it sound otherwise.

My wife just reminded me about something else.

There was one part of the excursion near the end of it where there is a hill with a path going up to a view of the shoreline. My wife has mobility problems so we stayed at a lower area until the rest of the group came back down. The pictures on her slide show of the dogs playing in the water were taken from the lower lookout point.

I apologize for not mentioning this before. Best wishes for a wonderful cruise.