Almost 30% Increase in Cost of FTTF???

Shaded Lady

I've been wondering why FTTF hasn't come available for my Vista cruise next year... just found out why!

Carnival announced yesterday that the price of FTTF for 7 days increased to $89.95, almost a 30% increase :eek:. I'm sure now that they've been holding adding FTTF to most cruises next year until this increase was announced, so that people wouldn't jump in and buy them at the lower price.

Well hopefully that boneheaded move bites them in the butt, and the net due to increased cost is MORE than offset by those who tell Carnival to stuff FTTF!

While it was marginally valuable to us at one point, they've just elevated it into the realm of outrageously priced!

Keep buying it and it will be over $100 soon.

I've been wondering why FTTF hasn't come available for my Vista cruise next year... just found out why!

Carnival announced yesterday that the price of FTTF for 7 days increased to $89.95, almost a 30% increase :eek:. I'm sure now that they've been holding adding FTTF to most cruises next year until this increase was announced, so that people wouldn't jump in and buy them at the lower price.

Well hopefully that boneheaded move bites them in the butt, and the net due to increased cost is MORE than offset by those who tell Carnival to stuff FTTF!

While it was marginally valuable to us at one point, they've just elevated it into the realm of outrageously priced!

It can't be all that bad (stated with tongue in cheek). After all, Cruise Critic called the price increase "tweaking."

As others said, it is simple supply and demand. As long as enough are willing to pay the price, it will continue to increase. Just like Disney World will soon be charging hotel guests for overnight parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There will eventually be a breaking point for pretty much everyone. Now that it's $99.95 (might as well be an even $100.00) for an 8 day cruise, I know it's the breaking point for me. I'll save my $100.00 for a deposit on a future cruise. ;)

I didn’t know about FTTF until recently because we don’t cruise CCL very often.

But on our last sailing we saw the FTTF getting on board first and figured it out.

Even though we didn’t buy FTTF we had chosen the earliest boarding window online so we weren’t far behind them. The corridor for our cabins was open when we boarded so I walked back to the room to find the keycards already there at 11:30.

Then we just sat at the Red Frogs bar poolside and waited for our friends to arrive.

We booked the Conquest in September and got FTTF mainly because we hate dragging our carry ons around for a few hours before cabins are ready and to get the priority tendering. Thankfully we paid lower price. I definitely wouldn’t be buying it for what they’re asking now. Not even worth it. That’s more than one DOD per day of the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well what do you expect when you have people on these boards bragging how they spend hours checking 510 and 20 times a day for weeks on end for the privilege of spending $70 to save a few minutes on board. I think they would just sell just as many at $200 a pop

^^^^^^^ This

I remember that old saying, “a fool and his money are easily parted”.

Get to Platinum level and forget FTTF!:D

I've always wondered why they made it per cabin and not per person. They'd make way more money with me as their VP of greed.

Because, like with Cheers, the benefits would be shared with everyone else in the cabin even if they did not buy it. When the cabin is ready at boarding for the person buying it, how do you prevent the other 33 people in that cabin from accessing the room and putting their luggage there? Your idea just does not make sense.

Because, like with Cheers, the benefits would be shared with everyone else in the cabin even if they did not buy it. When the cabin is ready at boarding for the person buying it, how do you prevent the other 33 people in that cabin from accessing the room and putting their luggage there? Your idea just does not make sense.

Wow! 34 people per cabin! Makes sense! LOL

Then that's why the price has nearly doubled since launch, and will continue to go up until it's no longer a sellout on every sailing. Like I said, greed is good.

With the fact that it is at a limited supply, they will continue to slowly rise the cost until the demand decreases. I feel like there will be enough people that continue to purchase it at that price point.

75 cruise days and you're Platnium, never have too worry about this again. This change makes Platnium more valuable as a perk.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Are the cabins for Platinums ready early?