Question about fall foliage voyages and crowds in port

kstrittm

All,

I am scheduled to take the Royal Princess from Quebec City to NYC in October. I understand that there is a limited time frame for these trips (duh), but I am a bit concerned about the number of ships that will be in each port. Some of the ports aren't very large. For those of you who have taken this trip in the past, were the ports able to "absorb" the massive number of tourists each day? Some days there will be over 15,000 people in port.

As always, thanks for your feedback...

All,

I am scheduled to take the Royal Princess from Quebec City to NYC in October. I understand that there is a limited time frame for these trips (duh), but I am a bit concerned about the number of ships that will be in each port. Some of the ports aren't very large. For those of you who have taken this trip in the past, were the ports able to "absorb" the massive number of tourists each day? Some days there will be over 15,000 people in port.

Why not Google each port of call for the cruise ship schedule, for instance: 2018 Portland ME cruise ship schedule to determine whether you should be concerned or not.

The City of Quebec could absorb such a large influx of tourists but Bar Harbor, ME, couldn't.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

So where are you concerned about the crowds?

I would worry about Sydney as there are few private tour operators. For sure you would want to rent a car there.

The Halifax waterfront is large but they often have four or five ships there in mid October. I would rent a car there or arrange a private tour to get away from the crowds.

It would help us help you if you gave the itinerary including dates.