How far in advance can you make select dining reservations?

stipmom

Question: can you make your specialty restaurant dining reservations ahead also or just any select dining times you want in the MDR?

We have just bought the 8 day speciality dining package for our 14 night cruise coming up in Sep . We saved a good amount on the individual restaurant prices. I would advise you to book a package before you board if you intend to as i am reading on here that these packages can sell out before boarding .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question: can you make your specialty restaurant dining reservations ahead also or just any select dining times you want in the MDR?

LSKC - I have a 15-night Panama Canal Eastbound crossing coming up in October 2018. I made all my "Select" dining reservations this weekend. You can buy individual specialty dining while you do your Select time reservations. However, as others have said, there is currently a sale on certain specialty dining packages (I think all 6, 7, 8, or 9-night packages); this is going on for a few more hours today.

We have just bought the 8 day speciality dining package for our 14 night cruise coming up in Sep . We saved a good amount on the individual restaurant prices. I would advise you to book a package before you board if you intend to as i am reading on here that these packages can sell out before boarding .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, hit the button by mistake.

I bought the 6 dinning package and cannot figure out how to make restaurant reservations. It tells me I am double booking saying I already have the 6 night reserved for 6:30-8. I have never picked out the restaurants that we want to go to.

I also just bought the 6 dining package on the phone with a Celebrity representative. When I asked about making reservations she said they must be made on the ship, with the exception of the first night which was automatically made for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! Hopefully we will get good dining times! I have been debating on canceling the package and just catching specials on board since you can’t make reservations a head.

Still Dreaming - you will get folks on here that will tell you all sorts of varying approaches to catch "deals" once on the ship. However, its unlikely that you will get as good a deal once on the ship that you will get now with your dining package. The current deal for a 6-night dining package is $154 USD (per person). That works out to $25.67 per dinner. As you know, most venues are $45 or $50 per person. You can already see the value you achieved by purchasing a dining package in advance.

True, you do not get to book your desired restaurant/time/day until after you board the ship, but that is the trade off. You can easily book all of your specialty dining the first day you are on the ship. Give some thought now to which venues you want on which days. Once on the ship, go into it with an open mind and a bit of flexibility and you will be fine. If you like to dine late, that makes it easier to get a dining reservation.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Walter

Can someone tell me how to make Select Dining reservations online?

Log on to your reservation, and then go to the Cruise Planner. Click on Dining, then go the page that looks like you want to book specialty dining and scroll all the way to the bottom, where you'll see Select Dining. (Given where it's placed, it's not intuitive or easy to find.)

Hope that helps!

Log on to your reservation, and then go to the Cruise Planner. Click on Dining, then go the page that looks like you want to book specialty dining and scroll all the way to the bottom, where you'll see Select Dining. (Given where it's placed, it's not intuitive or easy to find.)

Hope that helps!

Found it! Thanks!!!

• 5 years later...

When does X open the bookings ? now I can´t book anytime dinning or specialty restaurant. I can book shore excursions, Drink Packages, WiFi Packages, bu no dinning. I have the following screen for the APEX, June 2024,  B2BNorwegian Fjords and best of Scandinavia cruises.

image.thumb.png.5050d77d69ffb8248092ed96e74651bd.png

7 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

When does X open the bookings ? now I can´t book anytime dinning or specialty restaurant. I can book shore excursions, Drink Packages, WiFi Packages, bu no dinning. I have the following screen for the APEX, June 2024,  B2BNorwegian Fjords and best of Scandinavia cruises.

Usually in my experience it's been about 6months to a year in advance. Some sailings sooner, some later. No real rhyme or reason. 

Patty 

• Thanks 1

Booked our speciality dining and excursions 

Sept 1st 2022  for a March 2024 sailing 

18 months out 😱

No logic or specific timing to when all opens up for what ship or what date

Roll the dice 🎲 and look into 🎱 

sorry

Just realized this thread is 5 years old 

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Booked our speciality dining and excursions 

Sept 1st 2022  for a March 2024 sailing 

18 months out 😱

No logic or specific timing to when all opens up for what ship or what date

Roll the dice 🎲 and look into 🎱 

sorry

Just realized this thread is 5 years old 

I search in google and find this thread, don't want to start a new one with my question.

My cruise is 14 months away from starting

16 hours ago, gerelmx said:

I was told you no longer can reserve SD times (and TD is no longer set up with early or late) on the E class ships. I made reservations for our 18 March 2023 Apex cruise 18 months out but when we got on the ship, the MD advised us reservations were no longer in their system for SD. We did get the same table and 6:00 PM time for each evening in the MDR (Cosmopolitan). We've got the Edge booked for September 2024 and see the same screen you are seeing for SD.  

• Thanks 1