Boston Cruiseport Questions

Bill S

We are flying into Logan on Saturday, Aug 7, with arrival time of 6:45am. We lived north of Boston many years ago, so we will not be doing any sightseeing, but will probably want to drive out to Chelmsford to check out our former house and town.

We are thinking of renting a car at Logan, driving over to the Cruiseport terminal and dropping-off our bags. We would like to shed our luggage first thing so we won't have to mess with it again when we return the rental car later in the day. We would like to know what time the Cruiseport/Black Falcon terminal opens up for baggage drop-off on mornings when cruise ships are in port? I checked the Massport web site and it has no times posted. Does anyone know how early we can do that? Also, how early can embarking passengers check-in to the the Black Falcon terminal? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Bill, sounds like your best bet will be to keep the luggage with you in the car. Arriving that early gives you plenty of time to head North on I 93 to either Rt. 128/I95 to Rt. 3 North to Chelmsford or up to Rt. 495 West which ever you know best. It shouldn't take you any more than a half hour to get to your old homestead at that time of the morning. I too had grandparents who owned a farm in Chelmsford. Now the property is a major movie theater complex. The times they are a changing! I think Mannion's is still open for breakfast, too.

On your way back, drop off your luggage and family at the pier and you return the car alone to the rental site. Most are just off airport anyway and the shuttle will probably give you a lift back to Black Falcon pier.

Bon Voyage

KK and Nana: thanks for your posts. Yep, it looks like we will just have tough it out with the luggage! Looking forward to seeing "malfunction junction" up in Chelmsford once again-hopefully that charming intersection hasn't changed!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived