El Cheapo Cruises Thread

A good time for booking Celebrity as they find their OTT pricing was out of line and have to last minute discount.

In addition to the previous sailing, these two have just been added. Good discounts like previous one, but a little further out. All a good time to sail though. Other cabin grades also discounted, but best values listed below. Note that if you want to book either of these, get the one way flight ASAP as prices will rise due to time of year.

1) 12 night 20 Nov SYD->AKL $1676 pp t/s inside, or $2101 pp t/s ($175/night balcony)

2) 10 night 13 Dec AKL->SYD $1619 pp t/s balcony ($162/night balcony). Week before Christmas cruise, which is still a good time for school and family holidays.

Also note if booking as a family, unfortunately they haven't discounted 3/4 rates, so you're likely better off booking two cabins for two than a quad if you can. The usual price discrimination against families, especially 3!

I wish that Celebrity offered more round trip NZ from Sydney

A good time for booking Celebrity as they find their OTT pricing was out of line and have to last minute discount.

In addition to the previous sailing, these two have just been added. Good discounts like previous one, but a little further out. All a good time to sail though. Other cabin grades also discounted, but best values listed below. Note that if you want to book either of these, get the one way flight ASAP as prices will rise due to time of year.

1) 12 night 20 Nov SYD->AKL $1676 pp t/s inside, or $2101 pp t/s ($175/night balcony)

2) 10 night 13 Dec AKL->SYD $1619 pp t/s balcony ($162/night balcony). Week before Christmas cruise, which is still a good time for school and family holidays.

13 Dec cruise only finishes two days before Christmas, so fares will be expensive and hard to get. We went on a Celebrity cruise at a similar time of year, but we booked our flights before we booked our cruise, to make the trip more affordable. BTW By waiting until after final payment, we got a suite for the same price as our original price was for an inside cabin.

The cruise before is probably a better date, but not discounted recently.

Does Celebrity include gratuities in their fares?

13 Dec cruise only finishes two days before Christmas, so fares will be expensive and hard to get. We went on a Celebrity cruise at a similar time of year, but we booked our flights before we booked our cruise, to make the trip more affordable. BTW By waiting until after final payment, we got a suite for the same price as our original price was for an inside cabin.

The cruise before is probably a better date, but not discounted recently.

Does Celebrity include gratuities in their fares?

If booked in Australia, yep grats included now.

13 Dec cruise only finishes two days before Christmas, so fares will be expensive and hard to get.

For those in Australia, they're concerned with the flight to NZ which is before the cruise. Around the 10th-12th of December should still find reasonable prices and decent availability.

If in NZ they would be concerned with flights after, but there aren't many posters from NZ in this thread.

As I posted, I'd recommend people book flights ASAP if looking at these cruises.

I wish that Celebrity offered more round trip NZ from Sydney

Celebrity still get a lot of international passengers for their AU/NZ voyages and market them internationally; last I heard was around 50% though it's variable. For international travellers these one way trips are more appealing as they get to spend time in both countries and open jaws between AU/NZ are readily available (or they can just get a one way between which is also straightforward and low cost).

The first one I posted to the islands was a return to Sydney; more for the local (AU) market.

You folks were so helpful in finding a last minute Feb cruise a few years ago after DW had a back injury in KL on our way to OZ.

This winter, we plan to spend a month in Thailand and a month in Oz. Start on the Gold Coast. Want to go back to Sydney of course and possibly Tasmania for 5 days or so.

Question...when should we start to see attractive late booking offers for Oz or OZ/NZ cruises departing in Feb?

thanks

You folks were so helpful in finding a last minute Feb cruise a few years ago after DW had a back injury in KL on our way to OZ.

This winter, we plan to spend a month in Thailand and a month in Oz. Start on the Gold Coast. Want to go back to Sydney of course and possibly Tasmania for 5 days or so.

Question...when should we start to see attractive late booking offers for Oz or OZ/NZ cruises departing in Feb?

thanks

When I was in Hobart in February, a ship called every day, so you should be able to get a last minute special on a cruise to Tassie. The Australian Wooden Boat Festival is on in Tasmania 8 - 11/2/19, if you are interested. Another place you might enjoy is Kangaroo Island in South Australia. Cruises go there, but a land holiday would be better, as it is a large island for a day trip from a ship.

thanks

My personal opinion is that the best time of the year for cruise bargains is from October to Christmas. Especially keep an eye out for sneaky bargains just before Christmas.

Great Balcony Deal........

Carnival Spirit - Sydney to Sydney

10 day cruise to visit the islands

Departs Mon 19 November 2018

Twin share.......

Guarantee Balcony - $999 (possible obstructed view)

Guarantee Oceanview - $899

Guarantee Inside - $799

Even the inside is a good deal at $80 per day per person.

On that great Oz website.

Great deal back on

Radiance of the Seas

9 Feb 2020

Sydney - Fremantle across the top

Interior $2340

Balcony $3210

Fremantle- Sydney 25 Feb

Bottom end and South Island NZ

INTERIOR $2530

Balcony $3490

Both

Interior $4370

Balcony $6200

I’m waitlisted for an accessible cabin, a great deal.

Norwegian jewel

Yokohama to vancouver

15 nights

Inside 1337 pp twin 1800 OP single

The last of cherry blossom in hokkaido and alaska.

Just booked along with friends.

Thats a great itinerary, did Beijing to Vancouver via Japan, so lovely cruising the Bering sea, arriving in Alaska to cruise south, one of our favourite cruises!!

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought this thread could do with a bit of an update. These are prices that have been around for some time, but look good value to me:

Sun Princess, 20/11/18 and 3/12/18, 13 nights, return to Sydney via NZ, $1273pp Inside.

Norwegian Jewel, 1/12/18, 12 nights, return to Sydney via NZ, $1187pp Inside.

Golden Princess, 4/12/18, 13 nights, return to Melbourne via NZ, $1330pp Inside.

Sea Princess, 9/12/18, 7 nights, return to Brisbane via Cairns, $832pp Inside.

Sun Princess, 16/12/18, 7 nights, return to Sydney via Port Arthur, $832 Inside.

Norwegian Jewel, 13/12/18, 7 nights, return to Sydney via Tasmania, $780pp Inside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I just thought this thread could do with a bit of an update. These are prices that have been around for some time, but look good value to me:

Sun Princess, 20/11/18 and 3/12/18, 13 nights, return to Sydney via NZ, $1273pp Inside.

Norwegian Jewel, 1/12/18, 12 nights, return to Sydney via NZ, $1187pp Inside.

Golden Princess, 4/12/18, 13 nights, return to Melbourne via NZ, $1330pp Inside.

Sea Princess, 9/12/18, 7 nights, return to Brisbane via Cairns, $832pp Inside.

Sun Princess, 16/12/18, 7 nights, return to Sydney via Port Arthur, $832 Inside.

Norwegian Jewel, 13/12/18, 7 nights, return to Sydney via Tasmania, $780pp Inside.

I think the NCL Ewen is sold out. Showed that way when I was doing check in, anyway.

Last minute fly/cruise deal departing 8 December 2018.

14 night cruise from Bangkok to Singapore on Silver Shadow

1 night pre-cruise hotel accommodation

All transfers between airport/ship/hotel

Return flights including one-way business class upgrade

$1,000 OBC per cabin

A shore excursion in every port

Cruise includes butler service, gratuities, beverages

Vista Suite $5,180 per person

58 minutes ago, datone said:

Last minute fly/cruise deal departing 8 December 2018.

14 night cruise from Bangkok to Singapore on Silver Shadow

1 night pre-cruise hotel accommodation

All transfers between airport/ship/hotel

Return flights including one-way business class upgrade

$1,000 OBC per cabin

A shore excursion in every port

Cruise includes butler service, gratuities, beverages

Vista Suite $5,180 per person

Can't find this. Any clues?