Blog on AMA Dagio and our pre and post self guided tours

Valley Girl of VA

We took our river cruise in September on the AMA Dagio. Rather than doing their pre and post cruise with AMA, we did it ourselves.

We began our trip in Marseille and I was quite surprised at how much we enjoyed Marseille and how it was one of our favorite cities.

I'll be adding to this blog every few days. It begins with us leaving the US and it will end about 3 1/2 weeks later as we depart Belgium. We spent about 3 weeks in France visiting Marseille, Lyon, Paris, Amiens and Boulogne-sur-mer and then over to Bruges, Ghent and Brussels.

Hope you enjoy reading it. Here is the link for the first post. https://airlandandsea.wordpress.com/2016/10/03/flights-and-preparing-for-our-trip-to-marseille-and-provence/

You can scroll down and be able to go to the next one or become a follower and new blog posts will be delivered to your email in box.

Jane

Edited by Valley Girl of VA

How I packed for a month if travel in a carry on suitcase. https://airlandandsea.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/packing-for-a-months-trip-to-europe-in-a-carry-on/

Hope you are enjoying this series. Jane

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a little bit of time since I updated this. Had a bad case of Achilles tendonitis and had to go to the emergency/urgent care facility for a shot so I could even stand.

Here is part of our day around Arles, Roman ruins and a visit to the asylum where Van Gogh spent a year and created many of his famous paintings.

https://airlandandsea.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/touring-arles-roman-ruins-and-van-goghs-asylum/

If you are enjoying this blog, consider becoming a follower and getting them delivered to your mailbox whenever a new one is posted.

Jane

What a great review and we had Rachel on our first Ama cruise and loved her so much that we requested her for our group leaving in December. I cannot wait to be back onboard an Ama ship and to see Rachel! :D

I have held off on wanting to do the French itineraries that use the older ships (even though they are highly recommended by Rachel,) I am hoping they eventually replace them with new builds.

Thanks for reading my blog.

This is the last year for the AMADagio so you might want to consider seeing what upcoming cruises AMA has on some of the French rivers.

Thanks for writing it! I always appreciate people taking the time to share their insight.

I was looking at the 2018 itineraries but didn't check France, I will go take a look now and see if they have a ship assigned. Thanks for the info!

Nice reviews thank you for sharing. We are sailing on our first ever river cruise in 2017 on the Ama Kristina and looking for as many reviews on this company as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app