Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminal - Car Rental ?

nast

We ended a cruise (Oceania) in Abu Dhabi in May 2017. It was clean, open, spacious and we were out so fast that we made it to our hotel before 9AM. Try as I might I don't remember anything except it was so smooth and easy. I can't tell you about rental cars at the terminal (I wasn't looking) but we found taxis to be fairly cheap and that English is the working language of the land -- people from all over the world live and work in UAE and they use English as the commerce language. I didn't expect that but absolutely no problem for English speakers.

Abu Dhabi probably not too hard to drive in. Well organized and signed. Dubai. Ayyye Yi Yi. Lots of traffic and they were all taught to drive in Asia or New York City. Meaning they defy the laws of physics. Never saw any accidents though.

For rental cars if you can't get one at cruise terminal -- take a cab to the airport. Not too far it seems. I loved Abu Dhabi! Lots to see and do. Make sure to visit the mosque -- it is huge and beautiful and impressive and did I mention HUGE. The stonework, carpets, windows and decorations are works of art. I am Christian and like our huge Cathedrals that show the awesomeness of God, the mosques are beautiful and worshipful of God. I was very comfortable as a Christian woman -- I wore a long skirt, shoes easy to remove, a scarf, and a blouse with elbow length sleeves. For those not "acceptably" dressed they will provide a brown "overcoat" type covering.

We also really enjoyed the Palace Hotel. MY MY FANCY MY! Check out the ladies room -- best one I have ever seen anywhere! (and I check them all out:p) Gold and marble and crystal and mirrors everywhere. Even the driveway and entrance are in-laid marble and were being washed with machines that looked like industrial mowing machines.

I was there overnight last November, so went through the hall several times, and don't remember one. There are shops, tourist info and excursion desks, foreign exchange and some cultural displays. I imagine demand will be quite low, but perhaps one of the big firms will either deliver or pick up. Plenty of taxis to go to the airport to collect one, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums