Carnival Magic Karaoke Question?

crazyboys

When we were on the Magic in 2013, I thought I remembered that you could bring your own CDGs (these are the discs used for karaoke that have the words displayed on songs with the music) to the DJ and he would play your song selection off of the CGG you provided. Does anyone know if the DJ will do this or do they use a live band for music? We will be back on Magic in November with a large group and this would be fun to bring a number of CDGs for all our group to choose from. The selection of songs that I have seen on other ships are very limited at best. Any help would be appreciated.

• 7 months later...

Carnival has gone digital across all ships. They either won't or can't use your discs. I have put together a database (dbf) file with about 700 songs I know they have. Their books are lame, but their actual choices are quite good.

• Thanks 1

Vancelot is 100% correct. Their new and "improved" system won't allow 'em to use your CD's, and their book is lame, at best. No more is there an evening with the live band either. That was WAY too much fun, so they discontinued that as well. I've found it best to simply ask the KJ for the song/artist that you want to perform, and about 50% of the time, they have it. I will say, that when they first updated their equipment, it was TERRIBLE, and the host/hostess was lame at best, but both have improved in the last year or so. It's much better than it once was.

By the way,,,when are you sailing? I'm sailing "Magic" again on November 11th, and would love to meet you at karaoke!

"SKY"

Ken

We were on the Pride last January and the Karaoke sound system was pretty bad.

It was more like a public PA system than an entertainment sound system.

They did not have Karaoke every night either, just some nights.

The Sunshine didn't have it every night either. They only had one room for either karaoke or comedy. That was a surprise. Even the Fantasy class ships have two rooms in the back.

Due to the environment and age, I will usually give 'em a break on the 'entertainment quality' of the sound system.

The poor quality system is actually great news! This will only make the so-called "singing" of people from __________(fill in the country) sound really, really bad and yet somehow very humorous, when they give it their very best voice to "Feelings" or "Stand By Your Man".. This will take some of the sting out of our voyage on November 18 being changed from the Eastern Caribbean to the Western Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...
The poor quality system is actually great news! This will only make the so-called "singing" of people from __________(fill in the country) sound really, really bad and yet somehow very humorous, when they give it their very best voice to "Feelings" or "Stand By Your Man".. This will take some of the sting out of our voyage on November 18 being changed from the Eastern Caribbean to the Western Caribbean.

Thank you for your thoughtful post.

• 5 months later...

I too enjoy karaoke both to participate and also for the entertainment. Sometimes as a previous poster said, it is quite humorous. On a recent cruise, Dream in February, there were several men performers who surprisingly were professional quality. One even impersonated the original singer. Their music was better than the shows in the main showroom. SRO every night and one of the few things I enjoyed on the entire cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have put together a database (dbf) file with about 700 songs I know they have.

Do you have a list version we could take a look at?

We are on the Nov 25 sailing with 15 in our group.

We Love Karaoke!