Best P&O Dessert?

cc_double

Thought I would pose this question.

I am a great lover of the Carnival Cruse Lines - Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

Unlike my Wife, I haven’t been on a P&O cruise yet. I was wondering is there a dessert as good on P&O?

What’s your favourite?

I don't eat dairy (dairy milk, butter or eggs) so desserts are pretty much out for me.

But they did bring me the sorbet of the day in the dining room, which is not on the menu. The first day was coconut flavoured and it was divine!

(I do wish they would make some dairy free desserts though...apart from jelly)

Wow so many to choose from i would have to say the Sun did a beautiful cherry pie oh i musnt forget the fruit tart sorry thats 2 but there equal in my eyes;)

Mmmmm....cherry pie....brings back some great memories of our April cruise on Sun Princess.

Hi All

We were on the Pacific Dawn in April & for me it was the dining room "hot belgian chocolate treat & bourbon vanilla ice cream". We had the same waiters each night & towards the end of the cruise a second scoop of ice cream was there as well

Regards

Alan

The trilogy mousse was from the steakhouse right??

I nearly missed out on that!! Was freaking awesome.

It certainly was. We went there twice & I had the mousse both times and it was the only 2 nights I had dessert.

We called it the "single cruisers dessert"................(for those that aren't getting any:D - it had the same effect;))

It certainly was. We went there twice & I had the mousse both times and it was the only 2 nights I had dessert.

We called it the "single cruisers dessert"................(for those that aren't getting any:D - it had the same effect;))

I was wondering where they served that dessert....I have to try it :D.

Hi All

We were on the Pacific Dawn in April & for me it was the dining room "hot belgian chocolate treat & bourbon vanilla ice cream". We had the same waiters each night & towards the end of the cruise a second scoop of ice cream was there as well

Regards

Alan

That would be one of my fav's too :D.

I ate and drank a sh*tload while on the boat. Like, I overdid it more often than not I think (with the food at least!). 10 day cruise plus a couple of days in Sydney afterwards and I put on about 3 and a half kilos. Not too shabby I think :P

Bombe Alaska is still my favourite although I do enjoy a few Creme Brulees.

A few years ago on the Sky they made Bombe Alaska with spearmint, strawberry & vanilla icecream (matching the Italian Flag colours). It was a tragic combination as the green tasted like toothpaste and totally destroyed the other 2 icecream flavours. For me it was the major disaster of the cruise. I wrote a note and asked the waiter to pass it on to the executive chef. I pleaded that he NEVER! NEVER! again serve spearmint ice cream with meringue. I noted that it was nice that he had represented the colours of the Italian flag in the ice cream but it was culinary disaster to mix such flavours and that it was like eating toothpaste & ice cream. I also asked the maitre d to pass on my concerns. I attended the cooking demonstration and passed a similar message on. I also included my suggestion in the customer feedback sheet that was handed in on the last day. Possibly my pleas were heard because I have since never had to suffer the spearmint flavoured ice cream with my beautiful bombe alaska. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been served spearmint in the bombe alaska since 2003

A mousse once or twice after lunch always went down quite well with me, particularly if it was white chocolate!!

One of my favourites, I dont remember the name, but it was a slice of cake that was a cross between cheese cake and ice cream cake. The name has totally gone from my mind, but whatever it was it was delicious!!

The only way I could justify having dessert most nights, was that I only took the stairs the entire cruise (except when I was carrying a sleeping three year old up two decks to bed!). Good way to exercise, and still eat delicious food every day :)

Archived