Rock and Roll Theme Cruise

waydago

I have booked a cruise called "Rock The Boat" a 50's and 60's Rock and Roll Cruise. It's on Rhapsody Of The Seas in November. I was wondering if any of you can give me any information on this style of cruising. Would people be mostly dressed the part for the whole cuise or just the evening? Do they still have a Formal/Cocktail night? Also, since our last cruise in May '10, I believe the wharf has changed so any info on where we would board would be good.

I don't suppose any of you reading this are going on the same cruise???

you do know this is a P&O thread?

but I do hope you find the answer to your question

Sorry.. Though I'd read about other ships here. It's not the ship I'm wondering about it is the style of cruising (Themed Crusing) that I'm wondering about. Since it is leaving from and returning to Sydney I was hoping for some feedback from other Aussies.

Booked air tickets to Sydney last night for friends who will be on this cruise.http://www.thecruisecentre.com.au/rock-the-boat My understanding is that this cruise is all about the rock n roll - not cruising itself in the way we normally think of it. For this cruise you will need sideburns and greased back hair, ripple sole shoes (for men)and 50's style fashion for women!! :)

Regarding clothes Here is the cruise FAQ http://www.rocktheboatcruise.com.au/faq.html

Suggested guidelines for nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

Your Rock and Roll gear at all times is welcome .

Please note, thongs/singlets/exposed tattoos are not accepted in the main silver service dining room.

Barry

Thanks for the info Barry. I will have to visit the salvos to get us looking the part. Sounds like fun. As for the slicked back hair?? Luckily hubby still has a few strands left. The cruise is my gift to him for his 60th (11/11/11). There are 16 different R&R artists on this 7 day cruise so entertainment should be full on.:)

Thanks for the info Barry. I will have to visit the salvos to get us looking the part. Sounds like fun. As for the slicked back hair?? Luckily hubby still has a few strands left. The cruise is my gift to him for his 60th (11/11/11). There are 16 different R&R artists on this 7 day cruise so entertainment should be full on.:)

Waydago, the op shops are great for getting stuff like this. Also, might I suggest a 'wig' from the cheapy shops for hubby? :D A friend recently had a black and white rock'n'roll themed birthday party and he looked great in a curly wig and fancy jacket etc. Sounds like a great cruise.

you do know this is a P&O thread?

but I do hope you find the answer to your question

Typical useless comment :rolleyes:. Who cares if it's in the wrong thread or not. Perhaps be more helpful and post a link to the correct Australian thread so the op's question can be answered.

Hi waydago

I see others have be nice enough to answer your question. Enjoy your cruise, it sounds like a lot of fun :).

I have booked a cruise called "Rock The Boat" a 50's and 60's Rock and Roll Cruise. It's on Rhapsody Of The Seas in November. I was wondering if any of you can give me any information on this style of cruising. Would people be mostly dressed the part for the whole cuise or just the evening? Do they still have a Formal/Cocktail night? Also, since our last cruise in May '10, I believe the wharf has changed so any info on where we would board would be good.

I don't suppose any of you reading this are going on the same cruise???

My brother inlaw is in one of the bands on the cruise, you should have a great trip.

Thanks Sandielle, sounds like a good idea. Thought i might try and find a long haired wig for myself also so I can wear it in a pony tail.

Dogboy53, what a good job for him. Get paid to play plus enjoy a cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived