Ouvea excluded from itineraries????

Hi everyone

I have a question re visiting Ouvea. We are sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas departing Sydney 27 Dec. We are scheduled to visit Ouvea on 2 Jan, but I have read quite a lot of chat on these boards indicating that ships do not go there. Also, the cruise immediately prior to ours have had their schedule changed to exclude Ouvea.

Does anyone know what's actually happening?

Thank you!

Jen :)

Hi Kiwi Cruisers :)

No cruise ship has been to Ouvea in over two years due to civil unrest. (Apparently the chef of the islands is not happy)

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that. I wonder when the cruise line will notify us of the change, or if they will just wait until we're on board. Either way doesn't matter to us....it will be a surprise! I guess they would probably replace Ouvea with Mystery Island, which is perfectly fine with us, as we haven't been there before either.

Thanks for that. I wonder when the cruise line will notify us of the change, or if they will just wait until we're on board. Either way doesn't matter to us....it will be a surprise! I guess they would probably replace Ouvea with Mystery Island, which is perfectly fine with us, as we haven't been there before either.

Is Mystery island usually the one they replace it with? Are there any other options? Actually just checked our map and ours isnt even going to Ouvea but Lifou... :)

Is Mystery island usually the one they replace it with? Are there any other options? Actually just checked our map and ours isnt even going to Ouvea but Lifou... :)

I believe they have been replacing Ouvea with Lifou - both are beautiful islands in their own right. Lifou has better snorkelling but ouvea has nicer beach.

I believe they have been replacing Ouvea with Lifou - both are beautiful islands in their own right. Lifou has better snorkelling but ouvea has nicer beach.

Hi Itachi

We are already scheduled to go to Lifou, so we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with.

We were in Ouvea in January 2009, but I think they stopped visiting there a few months after that.

The beach water was lovely but it was about a 20 minute walk to get there and we didn't really get to see any more of the island. To me, other ports such as Lifou and isle of Pines were much better for the time we had available.

We were in Ouvea in January 2009, but I think they stopped visiting there a few months after that.

The beach water was lovely but it was about a 20 minute walk to get there and we didn't really get to see any more of the island. To me, other ports such as Lifou and isle of Pines were much better for the time we had available.

Hi Sherri

We're already scheduled to go to Lifou and Isle of Pines. Sounds like we won't really be missing anything if we don't end up going to Ouvea. We'll just have to wait and see!

On our Christmas cruise (Pacific Dawn) Ouvea has been replaced with Lifou, but the itinerary already included Mystery Island anyway!

We go in 3 weeks to Noumea, Isle of Pines, Lifou, vila & Mystery Island. We booked in August & the itinerary then was for Ouvea but as soon as we booked, the TA told us it had been replaced with Lifou. We don't mind but I wonder why P&O keep scheduling it on the itineraries if it's indefinitely in doubt?

Thanks for that. I wonder when the cruise line will notify us of the change, or if they will just wait until we're on board.

Have you checked your cruise details after log on? I'm on that cruise and we weren't notified but I just noticed the change when I logged into the itinerary for my booking.

Have you checked your cruise details after log on? I'm on that cruise and we weren't notified but I just noticed the change when I logged into the itinerary for my booking.

Hi Big M

Yes, I've checked after logging in to the Royal Caribbean site. It's still showing Ouvea. Maybe we really are going there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

We are just off Rhapsody (20th Nov) - we were scheduled to go to Ouvea - we were only advised at check in that we would be going to Lifou instead (which was beautiful as ever!). Our online cruise itinerary showed Ouvea up until departure.

I think our intinerary was changed around a little too to accomodate the change (port order was changed).

Dea

Hi!

We are just off Rhapsody (20th Nov) - we were scheduled to go to Ouvea - we were only advised at check in that we would be going to Lifou instead (which was beautiful as ever!). Our online cruise itinerary showed Ouvea up until departure.

I think our intinerary was changed around a little too to accomodate the change (port order was changed).

Dea

Thanks for that Dea. We are already scheduled to go to Lifou as well as Ouvea, so we'll have a little surprise!

How did you enjoy the ship? Any tips?

In 2009 we sailed on pacific dawn and we were scheduled to have a stop at ouvea. before we sailed we received an email to inform the itinerary had been changed, the ship was to now stop at Lifou instead. The story was that the locals in ouvea were having some disputes about which tribe has rights to the cruise ship passenger. This lead to so unrest, so for passenger safety the ships stoped calling at that port.

Hi, as far as I could see, Ouvea has been left out of all P&O published itineraries for 2011/2012. They still go to Lifou but have introduced a new port (also in the Loyalty Islands) called 'Mare'.

I dont know what the other cruise lines propose. Has anyone ever been to Mare?

Archived