Drinks Package

No not a question a statement

I just bought the premium package for me and the trouble on our up and coming cruise

1. I don't care if I get Value for Money or not
  2. No tips to worry about
  3. Nothing to sign

Bring on my first Caribbean Cruise :D

I just bought the premium package for me and the trouble on our up and coming cruise

3. Nothing to sign

you might still have to sign. but regardless have a fantastic first Carib cruise!! there's a lot to be said for not having to worry about something while on board.

This is the same reason I am purchasing the package. I want the freedom to order what I want when I want without worrying about the price. Since I'm not a soda drinker, I'm not worried about the freestyle machines. Just give me water and my wine/martini's!

I bought the premium package online for us because we will be on the Liberty out of Barcelona. I learned that they will add an additional tax of 10% on each purchase on board as the ship does not leave the EU.

The package price is quite ok if you add 25% in gratuities and tax to every drink you order on board. I did the math and I'm sure that in this case it's really worth it.

3. Nothing to sign

Enjoy, it would be nice to get the daily shooter after dinner in the MDR, a Bellini at breakfast, champagne at the champagne bar, etc and not worry about keeping tab of your spending.

My only concern is being a wine drinker I like ordering different bottles of wine at dinner and it seems the by the glass selection is somewhat limited with the package. Being cheap, I wouldn't to pay for a bottle at dinner while already purchasing the drink package.

Enjoy, it would be nice to get the daily shooter after dinner in the MDR, a Bellini at breakfast, champagne at the champagne bar, etc and not worry about keeping tab of your spending.

My only concern is being a wine drinker I like ordering different bottles of wine at dinner and it seems the by the glass selection is somewhat limited with the package. Being cheap, I wouldn't to pay for a bottle at dinner while already purchasing the drink package.

This is my one concern.. is everything I've read about the wine house options are horrible.

But then again, I drink Tader Joe's 2.99 wine almost daily... I'm wondering if it compares to that. If so, I'm going to be just fine.

This is my one concern.. is everything I've read about the wine house options are horrible.

But then again, I drink Tader Joe's 2.99 wine almost daily... I'm wondering if it compares to that. If so, I'm going to be just fine.

My opinion, for what it's worth, and I can only comment on the reds. The LaTerre Merlot is harder to drink than the Charles Shaw Merlot. The St. Martin is better than Charles Shaw.

That's somewhat disturbing...

From what I can tell by our own cruises, and what I read here is that LaTerre seems to be being phased out and they start serving St. Martin when the stock of LaTerre is consumed. As always, taste is subjective, but for us, that's a good thing.

We did not have to sign while on board The Grandeur of the Seas on April 24 sail. When we were in Labadee with the Freedom of the seas at the dragon breath bar the bartender from the Freedom was working and asked if we had to sign for are drinks of course we said no but she said on the Freedom they had to make everyone sign. Back on broad the Grandeur we asked and the bars tender on the Grandeur sais they are only soliciting more for tips.

The package was great, no issues would do it again. We just go off a 10 day brought the Grandeur back to Baltimore. At first my DW did not want to get the package prior to the cruise, the first drink at the schooner bar my DW orders a long island ice tea, it would have been 9.50 plus tax and tip she then looked at me and said we are getting the package, we had 300 on broad credit so it was about 650 for the both of us for 10 days. We did not feel the pressure to drink every day but I did get hooked on the frozen drinks in the afternoon by the pool and also tried a few drinks I would never tried. It was are cheapest bill we ever had after 14 cruises.

Chris

I gave some serious consideration into purchasing the package. Until about a week ago, I was 100% behind the package. However recently, I started thinking about the items not included. For me, those were real deal breakers. Honestly, it is up to the individual whether or not the package is worth it. For my BF and I, it wasn't going to be. If we are going to spend $750+ on alcohol, we're going to drink whatever we want, when we want.

Some examples:

We will have our first balcony (:D) on our cruise next week. I would like to order a bellini from room service in the mornings. This was not included with the package.

Again, with the balcony, we would like to purchase several beers to take back to our cabin. Depending on its availability, we would like to get a beer bucket/cooler bag. This was not included in the package.

My BF is a beer snob. He will likely try every beer on board, especially if it is one he hasn't tried at home. He did not like the idea that potentially some (albeit it might have been just 1 or 2) were not included.

Again, with the BF and beer, from what I understand, we would have to purchase the same package (we would, at least, have to purchase the same package if we pre-paid before our cruise). I will be drinking beer, but also frozen cocktails. He would have had to buy the premium package even though he will only be drinking beer.

I just really don't like the idea of paying over $750 for something that I will have limited access with. I want to have the freedom of getting whatever I want and if my total happens to be $770 (or close to it) I will not feel like I lost out.

Archived