Cancel for any reason question

Midwestgal

I will be cruising early next year and have a sick husband, he is not going.

My question is if I purchase CFAR insurance and he falls ill from his current medical condition am I covered if I cancel?

Does it matter if it's a pre existing condition?

I made my deposit a long time ago and normally purchase my insurance at final payment via my TA.

Thanks in advance!

You have more options than you think.

Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) is just that ANY reason.

Now, depending on who you get it from, most policies only give you a 75% credit on a future cruise. Not a refund or cash back deal. I am aware of the Princess Platinum policy which does give you 100%.

But that's not your only option.

There is one company (can't think of their name right now) who will sell you travel insurance AND waive any pre-existing conditions as long as you purchase before final payment date.

Go to http://www.tripinsurancestore.com and check it out. This broker comes highly recommended.

There is one company (can't think of their name right now) who will sell you travel insurance AND waive any pre-existing conditions as long as you purchase before final payment date.

The insurance we purchased has that provision. It is Nationwide Insurance through http://www.insuremytrip.com. They're policies are cruise specific and includes some cruise specific coverage.

Every insurance package differs so you really have to do your homework.

Look at a few policies and read the fine print.

Then you will know for sure.

Also policies change overtime so please be careful about what you learn here. If someone tells you that they bought x policy and it covered a specific issue that is great but by the time you buy the policy it could change.

So whatever you do read the fine print.

Keith

You have more options than you think.

Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) is just that ANY reason.

Now, depending on who you get it from, most policies only give you a 75% credit on a future cruise. Not a refund or cash back deal. I am aware of the Princess Platinum policy which does give you 100%.

But that's not your only option.

Go to www.tripinsurancestore.com and check it out. This broker comes highly recommended.

CSA has this type of coverage, as long as you pay for the policy within 24 hours of "final payment" (and that's defined narrowly, for obvious reasons).

I think they also go by another name now, but our policy with them a very short time ago was still showing "CSA".

We usually try to use Travel Insured, especially if we want CFAR (which we do for some trips), because the CFAR is much less expensive with TI than with CSA. TI doesn't exclude pre-existing conditions as long as the policy is started within 20 days of very first payment.

And we always purchase our insurance, no matter which insurer, through www.TripInsuranceStore.com also.

They've been incredibly helpful from the start.

Also, for our second large claim, it was an odd situation, and we assumed it wasn't covered. Steve (at TripInsuranceStore) contacted the insurer for us (we were still overseas) and then let us know just which clause in our policy should be used. We later got a nice check, one we hadn't expected when the emergency first was happening.