Carnival Legend Vancouver to Hawaii..

Suspicious_Package

Got to Vancouver 2 days early to beat Hurricane Irma out of Atlanta. Looks like it was a good thing we left on Sunday morning instead of our scheduled Monday flight based on the weather reports and airline backlog in ATL.

The flight to Toronto was great. The flight attendant gave us champaign and mixed drinks the whole way when we told her it was our 25th anniversary trip. The flight from Toronto to Vancouver sucked. We didn't know that we had to retrieve our checked bags in Toronto then recheck them to Vancouver. That took 15 minutes. Then they gave us the wrong gate number in the wrong terminal. After going through security in the A terminal we were told that we had to go to B terminal. We had 30 mins to get there. We quickly made our way to B security where we waited for 20 minutes. Our gate was B5. When we got through security we had 10 mins until takeoff. The gate was all the way at the end, down steps, through a long tunnel, back up stairs then down to the gate. We sprinted and got to the gate at 12:55 for our 1:00pm flight. They had already closed the door. We must have looked pathetic enough to get their sympathy because they moved the ramp back and reopened the door. The West Jet seats are the most cramped seats I've ever sat in on a commercial airliner. I fly a lot for business and could not find a way to sit that didn't crush my knees. It was a miserably cramped 5 hours. Luckily the crew was polite, funny and entertaining. They apologized for the ridiculously cramped seating to everyone many times. They also comp'd a few drinks for the discomfort. Westjet needs to address this. I won't fly on one of their 737's again if I can help it.

Vancouver itself is amazing. We stayed Sunday and Monday night at the Moda hotel a block away from Granville. Awesome atmosphere, cool places to visit, eat, sight see and walk. We did an entire day walking the sea wall and taking in the sights. The views of the mountains are spectacular and the weather was perfect for jeans and a T-shirt.

This morning we got up and caught a cab to the cruise terminal at 9:45. This was by far the easiest terminal we ever passed through. Everyone was super friendly, efficient and just plain hospitable. We were through baggage drop-off, ticketing and customs in less than 15 minutes. We sat in a waiting area outside the boat for about 30 mins then were allowed to board at 11:15. We found our room to be ready and decorated with anniversary decor including a large chocolate cake. The balcony is huge. We got the extended balcony and have no neighbor to the left of us. We have plenty of storage as well.

We lounged in a big covered chair for an hour or so and watched sea planes take off and land constantly just off the side of the boat.

We are unpacking now and ready for the voyage across the Pacific to begin. Next stop, Hilo, Hawaii in 5 days.c3eb1006e7716fb9d5b130c77f84fa4c.jpgc48264fc7721aed95ec01e1c7d8ed26f.jpga5eafbc9b65bb4ae5c99926484bd0332.jpg0698babe673e8547aef5faff9b42c9a7.jpgd7d45d73f96183c0460ca04e7c5d0118.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk