Cruising to the Unknown - Magic Oct 7th

LadyGal4

I called Carnival this morning, and they still do not know where the Carnival Magic will be sailing for next Saturday's cruise. I keep getting all the promotional emails about booking shore excursions for the ports....but only Amber Cove is open.

I really wish they would decide where we are going, so I can plan!

My wish list for different ports would be - Key West, Jamaica, Grand Cayman....and maaaaaaybe Nassau. At least the shopping is good there

Just really hoping that it is not going to be a Western Caribbean as I've already done those ports.

I called Carnival this morning, and they still do not know where the Carnival Magic will be sailing for next Saturday's cruise. I keep getting all the promotional emails about booking shore excursions for the ports....but only Amber Cove is open.

I really wish they would decide where we are going, so I can plan!

My wish list for different ports would be - Key West, Jamaica, Grand Cayman....and maaaaaaybe Nassau. At least the shopping is good there

Just really hoping that it is not going to be a Western Caribbean as I've already done those ports.

If those are your wishlist ports, I dont think you will be disappointed :D

It's not a matter of simply deciding where they're going. The port authorities and governments of the islands have to open their ports to cruise ships. If they were affected by a hurricane, it may take time to assess the situation If you're going to different ports, Carnival has to look at what other ships are already going there...a port may not be able to handle more ships.

I am leaving later in October, but I feel like Carnival is really handling this poorly. While it is totally reasonable that the ports have to change, they should be communicating to their passengers on where they are heading. I hate to say what other cruise lines are doing, but Royal Caribbean has updates through the end of October for their sailings that will be changing. I don't want to waste vacation time waiting in line at the shore excursions desk to figure out what we're doing on our cruise. I like to have our excursion picked out and paid for before we leave.

We are also on this cruise, and staying on for the Western Caribbean cruise the following week. I wouldn't mind doing an Amber Cove, St. Kitts, & Antigua cruise. You know that San Juan & St. Thomas are definitely out. Fingers crossed that Grand Turk will be able to accept ships again that week. But in the grand scheme of things we'll go wherever the ship will take us. Many people on those devastated islands have much more serious problems to worry about, then we have problems wondering where our ship will go. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Race you to the Red Frog Rum Bar!!! :cool:

We are also on this cruise, and staying on for the Western Caribbean cruise the following week. I wouldn't mind doing an Amber Cove, St. Kitts, & Antigua cruise. You know that San Juan & St. Thomas are definitely out. Fingers crossed that Grand Turk will be able to accept ships again that week. But in the grand scheme of things we'll go wherever the ship will take us. Many people on those devastated islands have much more serious problems to worry about, then we have problems wondering where our ship will go. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Race you to the Red Frog Rum Bar!!! :cool:

The problem is these islands are very dependent upon tourism. Would think once the ports reopen beaches would soon follow.

We are on this cruise also. I'm going to try to meet you for one morning to experience your famous " Burrito and ThirstyFrog Red" breakfast!:D-Joe

From JH's page:

Carnival Magic – October 7

Departing Port Canaveral on a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya.

Also same for October 21 departure. We are doing B2B on the Magic 10/21 and 10/28. Looks like the exact same ports on both legs. Not surprised since 3 of the 4 ports on Eastern are not available.

I am leaving later in October, but I feel like Carnival is really handling this poorly. While it is totally reasonable that the ports have to change, they should be communicating to their passengers on where they are heading. I hate to say what other cruise lines are doing, but Royal Caribbean has updates through the end of October for their sailings that will be changing. I don't want to waste vacation time waiting in line at the shore excursions desk to figure out what we're doing on our cruise. I like to have our excursion picked out and paid for before we leave.

Royal Caribbean has also "unchanged" a couple of port swaps since they announced their changes. I certainly understand that folks want to plan their excursions in advance (it's fun) but this is definitely a situation where it would be a lot less stressful to just go with the flow. While there is comfort in feeling "locked in" a couple weeks in advance, you're also "locked out" of options that might not normally present themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So now we get to do B2B Western cruises. A tad disappointed but we certainly understand. It will make for a relaxing two weeks with more ship time. We have the spa couples pass booked for both cruises. :D

We're on there with you for the sailing on the 14th. We also have booked a couples massage for the Cozumel day. Hoping to enjoy a day on the ship.

So I wish we could cancel but we can't.....Driving 9 hours to take a ship to the same place I could have drove 1 hour and taken another ship to.....The Magic had better great. I am having a hard time finding things to do at this ports......deep breath