MAGIC Nov 18th

NCGAL1971

Wonder why Carnival is taking so long to update my itinerary for Nov 18th. Looks like all dates in Nov and even some in Dec have been updated for her except for Nob 18th. This will be my first Eastern Caribbean Cruise. Was really looking forward to San Juan and St Thomas but understand those are undoubtedly out at this point.

I am sure a lot of our fellow cruisers on this voyage are curious as well. You may notice, the Carnival posting has Magic sailings before and after the November 18 voyage. I also noticed that cruise departures from San Juan are now going to happen. I wonder if they are awaiting repair results from St. Thomas and other on-going cleanup work in San Juan before they commit to a firm schedule.

I am sure a lot of our fellow cruisers on this voyage are curious as well. You may notice, the Carnival posting has Magic sailings before and after the November 18 voyage. I also noticed that cruise departures from San Juan are now going to happen. I wonder if they are awaiting repair results from St. Thomas and other on-going cleanup work in San Juan before they commit to a firm schedule.

Yes, i did notice that sailings before and after my week have been updated. Another curious reason why they have not posted update for Nov 18. My Dad called Carnival and was told they didn't have an answer for him either:o. Still working it out i guess

I think the issue is San Juan and St Thomas and whether they are able to be accessed. I would guess they are hedging their bets on this that we would be able to make excursions and visit the islands. We were planning on going to see the El Yunque rain forest in Puerto Rico, but if there are not roads etc, that can't be done. In some ways it still does not make since that they have postings before and after our sailing. Are they having a red-haired step-child convention on this cruise?

Oh i know. The fact they have updated itineraries AFTER our date is what doesn't make sense. It's not like they haven't gotten that far in updates yet. My Dad informed me he is calling our Travel Agent. So hopefully they can get an update for us. I will post if i hear anything.

I haven't see any public statements by USVI or PR officials stating that those ports will definitely be closed in November. Even St. Maarten, arguably the hardest hit of the cruise destinations, is indicating it will reopen by mid-November.

I am sure by now everyone has seen the updated itinerary for our cruise but in case you havent, we will now be doing Western Caribbean: Costa Maya, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel. When I looked last night, each port has at least 5, some as many as 8, other ships in port with us. Going to be very crowded.

The only cruise in the entire current itenerary change list that got diverted to western Caribbean. I know the agreement I signed so this is completely at the discrection of Carnival, I understand that. With the eastern ports starting to reopen by the cruise, I had myself convinced we would have most of the original ports intact so I admit I am disappointed in this change. Sounds like the crowding will be really bad. Not sure about excursions. I guess I'll just try to go with the flow.

Wow! Some of the ports will have 5 and 8 ships in the same port at the same time. Let's say each ship has a modest amount of 2000 passengers times 8 ships equals 16,000 people showing up at the same time in some dinky little port village. I guess I may have to rethink shore excursions. For the original voyage, we were shelling out over $1000 for excursions that we have already prepaid. For that kind of money I can do a lot of other things besides standing around in a wall to wall crowd like a Tokyo subway at rush hour or something. As for me, if we can't go to San Juan or St Thomas, I certainly understand it, but I would rather spend my money in the Eastern Caribbean region where it at least might trickle down to the folks in those nearby regional islands that were affected. I assume there is commerce between the various islands for goods and services. The money spent in Roatan or Belize probably will not make it over to St Thomas or other islands.

Yes, i did notice that sailings before and after my week have been updated. Another curious reason why they have not posted update for Nov 18. My Dad called Carnival and was told they didn't have an answer for him either:o. Still working it out i guess

The week's before and after are Western Itineraries with few if any changes.....the Eastern Itineraries which include St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan etc were heavily impacted by the hurricanes and sustained a lot of damage....the Western itineraries to Cozumel, Honduras, Belize did not!

The week's before and after are Western Itineraries with few if any changes.....the Eastern Itineraries which include St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan etc were heavily impacted by the hurricanes and sustained a lot of damage....the Western itineraries to Cozumel, Honduras, Belize did not!

Carnival Magic– November 4

Departing Port Canaveral on a 7 day cruise to Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Carnival Magic– December 2

Departing Port Canaveral on a 7 day cruise to Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

These are Eastern Cruises before and after ours that they are referring to.

If the cruise that is Eastern before and after ours can go why can't we?

Glad we get to go at all, but VERY disappointed that we are not getting to do Eastern ports. I agree it would be nice to be able to contribute to their economy.

I’m not happy at all ! I called Carnival yesterday and was told San Juan port had just opened yesterday for business , The rep seemed to think it would still be an Eastern itinerary and that they were having to find replacement for St Thomas, All Carnival ships in Nov before and after Nov 18 were updated to do Eastern with different ports, why did they put us on a Western Itinerary ?? Makes no sense whatsoever ,

Wonder why Carnival is taking so long to update my itinerary for Nov 18th. Looks like all dates in Nov and even some in Dec have been updated for her except for Nob 18th. This will be my first Eastern Caribbean Cruise. Was really looking forward to San Juan and St Thomas but understand those are undoubtedly out at this point.

Just keep checking.