Nightly room service

Produce123

hi there, on the first night can I politely request to my room service that every evening to come by and leave two glasses of milk in our mini fridge and plate of cookies in our room? Or should I just call room service every night? Thanks.

Edited by Produce123

hi there, on the first night can I politely request to my room attendant that every evening to come by and leave two glasses of milf in our mini fridge and plate of cookies in our room? Or should I just call room service every night? Thanks.

The Housekeeping Department cleans your cabin. The Room Service Department is who you call with your request for food and beverage. You will need to sign for delivery so I have nothing to offer about food and beverage being delivered and charged in your absence. But for sure your cabin attendant is NOT the person to ask for what you are requesting. I'm also assuming you meant to type the word milk and not what you posted. Probably best to call Room Service and place your order with them nightly. Have a fun cruise.

Your room steward is not the one responsible for bringing your room service orders. You would need to call for delivery each night and present at delivery since you have to sign the receipt. (I tried that, haha)

Not all cabins have a cooler/mini bar. Also they hope that when you sign for the order you will tip them for the delivery :-)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Do they still keep the fridges locked on the ships that have them that you have to request to be unlocked to use them? Then you move the stuff out of them to somewhere else .... usually in the way.

Ive heard of people getting charged for using stuff they said they didnt use. Not worth the bother to me, but im cruising alone, if i carry on a few cans of diet coke, ill go get ice myself when i want one.

Fantasy class doesnt have fridges as I remember, though i dont bother with them myself.

Do they still keep the fridges locked on the ships that have them that you have to request to be unlocked to use them? Then you move the stuff out of them to somewhere else .... usually in the way.

Ive heard of people getting charged for using stuff they said they didnt use. Not worth the bother to me, but im cruising alone, if i carry on a few cans of diet coke, ill go get ice myself when i want one.

Fantasy class doesnt have fridges as I remember, though i dont bother with them myself.

No. All mini bars are now empty and unlocked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the lido buffet closes at 9:30pm so finding milk and cookies before bed might be hard.

I would just pick it up during the day and store it away til you need it. but only for the same day. Like posted the fridges are like mini coolers not refrigerators

When we were on the Pride in 2015 we had cookies and milk delivered every night for our toddler. The room steward suggested it when we met with him on the first day. We just called room service and asked them. Milk comes in cartons, not glasses, and we had a set time it was delivered. For us, it was 7:30pm. Room service can't get into your cabin, but you COULD check with formalities on having something special delivered each night. You'd still have to get the milk though.

Pick up the cartons of milk in the morning. Use ice buckets if your cabin doesn't have a fridge to keep them cold. (the cabin steward can supply that) If you don't want to have to find the cookies, I would suggest bringing your favorites on board on embarkation day. Calling room service for just cookies would be a waste of time (in my view).

You have a lot of suggestions. Easiest would be a DIY option.

the lido buffet closes at 9:30pm so finding milk and cookies before bed might be hard.

Some ships -- maybe most? -- will have cookies available either at Pizza Pirate or at the Late Night Snacks location, at least until 1 am.

On Conquest last year they were at Pizza Pirate "Plus."

On Vista two weeks ago they were at Late Night Snacks (which was just to the right of the Deli location).

(y)(y)(y)

Pick up the cartons of milk in the morning. Use ice buckets if your cabin doesn't have a fridge to keep them cold. (the cabin steward can supply that) If you don't want to have to find the cookies, I would suggest bringing your favorites on board on embarkation day. Calling room service for just cookies would be a waste of time (in my view).

You have a lot of suggestions. Easiest would be a DIY option.

hi there, on the first night can I politely request to my room service that every evening to come by and leave two glasses of milk in our mini fridge and plate of cookies in our room? Or should I just call room service every night? Thanks.

Not all ships have mini refrigerators in the cabin, and even on the ones that do, those mini fridges often don't cool well enough to keep milk from spoiling.

Your cabin steward is responsible for making your bed, refreshing your linens including your towels, and keeping your cabin cleaned. Room Service is a separate service that delivers food and beverages to your cabin upon request.

You can always pick up milk cartons from Lido deck during buffet hours, or order milk from room service. Room service is offered on a per order basis. Room service does not have the option for standing repeating orders. Most passengers extend a gratuity to room service staff when they deliver food and beverages to your cabin.

Cookies can be picked up on Lido during buffet hours, ordered through room service for cabin delivery, or purchased for a fee from Cherry on Top (onboard store).

I guess all that is confusing for someone who hasn't cruised before. But no doubt after your cruise, you'll be hooked on cruising, and soon become a cruise expert.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by winddawn

I would just pick it up during the day and store it away til you need it. but only for the same day. Like posted the fridges are like mini coolers not refrigerators

When you prop open the fridge door stuff is reasonably cold

I always just call room service and order milk and cookies. along with extra ice. Which is usually half melted in the evening.. little advice, tip the delivery person a dollar or two. you will get your order faster every night after that.

Is gratuity for room service added to your sign and sail account? Do you tip extra if it is not? and how much do you tip?

No, gratuities for room service is not automatically added. It is optional to tip, of course, but I always do; usually about $2 or $3 per item ordered.