What is Your Opinion of Eurodam

mcrcruiser

We sailed her last month up to Alaska - loved the ship!! Crew were awesome, service was excellent and Tamarind rivaled many meals we had on land.

MDR was not bad (thought that Carnival is a tad better here) and Lido had a great selection - some good and some meh. Loved the salads, though!

Entertainment is low key by Carnival standards but excellent - especially loved the Lincoln Center Stage

Love the Eurodam and her sister ship the Nieuw Amsterdam! Booked on the NA in November.

I found the service from the ship's crew to be top notch with no complaints at all.

Our favourite specialty restaurant is the Tamarind ... we will do at least one supper and one lunch there every cruise.

Enjoy your cruise aboard the Eurodam ... she's a Grand Ship!

dh

We will be sailing on Eurodam in 2018 & wanted to het feed back as to how you enjoyed the ship ,the MDR ,Tamarind & the general service aboard ?

TIA

Our favorite HAL ship, it has special meaning to my wife and I. Great crew and we love Captain Scott, renewed our wedding vows with him on our 25th anniversary in January 1998. The “E” also has a 100% Health score for many years.

Just did a Repo on her this April to Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was in great shape in January with a superb crew. We enjoyed the Tamarind twice in seven days, and will do so again on the Nieuw Amsterdam next month. We also greatly enjoyed the Pinnacle Grill and the now discontinued Le Cirque night. On our cruise next month, they are doing Rudy's Sel de Mer in the PG one night (and might be on your cruise) which we'll try for the first time, as well as the PG in its normal mode. If you enjoy Italian, Canaletto is quite enjoyable. It's often our first night dinner as we're usually a bit tired from travelling, and we don't feel the need to dress for dinner with its Lido location.

Sorry, but I'm going to rain on the parade. I haven't sailed the Eurodam, but we spent a couple of weeks on the sister ship Nieuw Amsterdam last year. These ships are built on the same hull as the Vista ships, but they've stuffed almost 200 more people into them without expanding the facilities to look after them. We found it a bit crowded at times, especially in the Lido, where it was often impossible to get a table. The service was slow, and many times we had to clear a table ourselves or move outside to sit. We probably won't book one of these ships again.

Sorry, but I'm going to rain on the parade. I haven't sailed the Eurodam, but we spent a couple of weeks on the sister ship Nieuw Amsterdam last year. These ships are built on the same hull as the Vista ships, but they've stuffed almost 200 more people into them without expanding the facilities to look after them. We found it a bit crowded at times, especially in the Lido, where it was often impossible to get a table. The service was slow, and many times we had to clear a table ourselves or move outside to sit. We probably won't book one of these ships again.

Service can vary from ship to ship due to staff, hotel director, cruise director, captain, and other leaders on the ship. To judge a ship by the staff is unfair. Staff is always changing.

I like the Eurodam because it has the Tamarind, Silk Den, and a nice movie viewing theatre. I found it reasonably easy to get from one place to another. It's a nice ship.

If you haven't been on the Eurodam you shouldn't evaluate it.

Haven't sailed on the Eurodam but last July we sailed on her sister ship the Nieuw Amsterdam. It was our first HAL cruise and we loved it. We loved the cabin as it has a sofa, coffee table and loved the interactive TV! Something we aren't used to on Princess ships we've been on so far. The ship was beautiful inside with all the art and floral arrangements.

The food in the Tamarin was exceptional! We're disappointed to find out not all HAL ships have the Tamarin. The Pinnacle Grill was also outstanding. Those shimp cocktails had the largest shrimp we've had on the sea.

We are going to be cruising HAL again and it will likely be on the Eurodam or NA. We really enjoyed our time on NA.

We haven't been on E'dam for almost two years, but had zero complaints either time in 2015.

... Tamarind ... we will do at least one supper and one lunch there every cruise.
Not anymore. Tamarind stopped serving lunch several years ago.

We found it a bit crowded at times, especially in the Lido, where it was often impossible to get a table.
If you avoid the peak 12:00 to 1:15 it's fairly easy to get a table. Edited by catl331

I will agree with you that it was usually a bit of a chore to find a table on the Lido, otherwise we really didn't notice the crowds........

Was on the eurodam 5 weeks ago and LOVED the ship....

Great entertainment

Great crew.

Best food I have had in MDR on a HAL ship in 3 years. They were able to bring me steamed veggies every night which I have not been able to get any other server to do on HAL

Not anymore. Tamarind stopped serving lunch several years ago.

Please tell me it isn't so! We sailed NA in Nov. 2013, than Eurodam in Nov. 2014 & 2015 enjoying Tamarind lunches. We missed last Nov. but are back this year in Nov on the NA ... and booking a couple lunches as soon as we got on board was top of the todo list. What a heart breaker ..

Their lunches were very enjoyable.

We're going to try lunch at the PG as we've heard it is quite good.

And to OP, sorry for minor thread hi-jack

Bummed :(

dh

We sailed on her last Oct to The Mediterranean. We have always the previous 4 years been on The Nieuw to The Mediterranean. When we were on The Nieuw we wanted to book her for 2016 to The Med again and when they said she wasn’t doing it that year and it was her sister Eurodam I was disappointed 😔. But she is awesome and we loved her!!! Enjoy your cruise!

Denise:)

We sailed on her last Oct to The Mediterranean. We have always the previous 4 years been on The Nieuw to The Mediterranean. When we were on The Nieuw we wanted to book her for 2016 to The Med again and when they said she wasn’t doing it that year and it was her sister Eurodam I was disappointed ��. But she is awesome and we loved her!!! Enjoy your cruise!

We liked Eurodam far more than we expected, When we sailed her the firs t time, b-to-b, we really like her alot a nd booked to sail her again and again. :).I like Eurodam decorating and c olors ffr mrre than N.A. which I didn't like all that much.

Edited by sail7seas

We liked Eurodam far more than we expected, When we sailed her the firs time, b-to-b, we really like her alot a nd booked to sail her again and again. :).I like Eurodam decorating and c olors ffr mrre than N.A. which I didn't like all that much.

You know Sails I agree with you on that!!! We did notice that too!

Right now we are booked on her for March 25 2019.! Round trip From our home town San Diego to Hawaii and Tahiti!

You know Sails I agree with you on that!!! We did notice that too!

Right now we are booked on her for March 25 2019.! Round trip From our home town San Diego to Hawaii and Tahiti!

That sounds wonderful...... for someone close t o the west coast. if I didn'tt live so far, I'd give that cruide a bit of thought. How many day is it? What a great cruise to look forward to, Denise. :)

w

I sailed the Eurodam this past March to the Caribbean. The Eurodam is a wonderful ship with a great staff to go along with it.

We found the food in the MDR, Lido Market, Dive in and the Pinnacle Grill were all outstanding, but food is subjective and others may disagree with me on that note.

Entertainment I thought could be better, but I think that maybe a standard of all cruise lines. We did enjoy BB King's after dinner.

You will definitely enjoy the Eurodam.

That sounds wonderful...... for someone close t o the west coast. if I didn'tt live so far, I'd give that cruide a bit of thought. How many day is it? What a great cruise to look forward to, Denise. 😄

It’s a 30 day cruise Sail? Now this is what we really want. We’d cancel only if #1 we want to sail 4/3/19 San Diego to FLL15 day cruise. Panama Cruise. Stay in FLL and do a TA to The Mediterranean instead. We are hoping Zaandam who comes back on 4/24/19 from South America will do the TA.

that would be the longest we’ve cruised out of 15 HAL cruises.

we will do at least one supper and one lunch there every cruise.

Enjoy your cruise aboard the Eurodam ... she's a Grand Ship!

dh

Great comments. We have read here that Tamarind no longer does lunches. Do you have different or more recent information? :confused: