Caribbean Princess suite upsell offer

Paula_MacFan

Azbirdmom,

Thank you so very much for your post about emailing captains circle directly. We got an upsell in January for a February 1st, 4 day cruise out of Los Angeles. We were delighted to take it and enjoyed it very much. We were told that we would not get the double credit from our agent at princess that we use.

I took your advice and emailed the captains circle directly and just got word back 24 hours after sending the email that they gave us the double credit. If I had not seen the post I would not have asked further.

Thank you again azbirdmom for your post!

We are on Caribe in a Penthouse Suite. Thanks for reinforcing my decision -- it's good to hear from someone who can compare from experience.

Congratulations! You made a great decision.

DW and I have just 4 cruises under our belt but have always tried to at least have a balcony or better. We take off from Singapore to Yokohama on Monday 11 April for our 5th cruise. We had a balcony (BE) which we got at a great sale price but received an UPSELL offer for a Mini Suite (ME) for $299 pp. This will be our second experience in a mini. We ended up in this mini for almost exactly the same pre-sale price of the BE. We look forward to the day when we get the great deal you have (is my envy showing?).

We will be Ruby after this cruise so we are still a little wet behind our ears.

We wish you a great trip and fair weather.

There is no rhyme or reason. We have been offered 3 out of our 30 cruises and we have taken all of them. We find them to be a good deal from a mini to a full suite with 3 people in the cabin.

We got an offer on April 1 for our upcoming May 23 Baltic cruise on the Regal.

If you used a TA it will come thru them. If directly thru Princess they will contact you directly. Some say via email and some a phone call. Ours has always been thru our wonderful TA. She is right on it and knows what we want and gets us the cabin we want as well.

Keep fingers crossed that you will get an upsell...

Azbirdmom,

Thank you so very much for your post about emailing captains circle directly. We got an upsell in January for a February 1st, 4 day cruise out of Los Angeles. We were delighted to take it and enjoyed it very much. We were told that we would not get the double credit from our agent at princess that we use.

I took your advice and emailed the captains circle directly and just got word back 24 hours after sending the email that they gave us the double credit. If I had not seen the post I would not have asked further.

Thank you again azbirdmom for your post!

You're welcome! Glad it worked out for you.

• 2 years later...
Personally I love the breakfast at Sabatini's. It's not a waste of time. Don't forget you get a complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant on the first night so it's best to go to the restaurant you want after you board to make reservations. Also, you do need to ask your steward to drop off the main dining room menus each day. I also like the little slippers they give you.

And don't forget to call Princess after your cruise to get two cruise credits for your upsell. It doesn't happen automatically.

1st time in a suite and this comment caught my eye. wouldnt princess know you stayed in a suite and automatically give you credits. also i thought it was number of cruises or number of days that counted and there wasnt a point system.

1st time in a suite and this comment caught my eye. wouldnt princess know you stayed in a suite and automatically give you credits. also i thought it was number of cruises or number of days that counted and there wasnt a point system.

If you book a suite from the get go...yes then 2 cruise credits for suite...…….

if you take an upsell to a suite you are also entitled to the second cruise credit for staying in a suite.....but you have to call princess after you sale to have that second cruise credit added to your captains circle info.

you get a cruise credit for each voyage you sail. If you are a solo , you receive 2 cruise credits , if you are a solo in a full suite you receive 3 cruise credits. cruise credits work toward loyalty OBC.

You still have to call Princess after the cruise with an up sell to get the extra credit. It’s just the way they do it and it’s been that way for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've only sailed in a full suite once and just loved it. We just cruised last week in a regular balcony room and boy, did I ever miss those suite benefits that we had on our previous cruise. I especially loved the Club Class dining and the breakfast in the Crown Grill.

The last morning of the cruise, the specialty restaurant breakfast is not available however, the club class breakfast is and there is always room service to enjoy that one last time in the morning if you want to stay in your cabin for your last meal.

It really is something special ... enjoy your cruise!

If you book a suite from the get go...yes then 2 cruise credits for suite...…….

if you take an upsell to a suite you are also entitled to the second cruise credit for staying in a suite.....but you have to call princess after you sale to have that second cruise credit added to your captains circle info.

you get a cruise credit for each voyage you sail. If you are a solo , you receive 2 cruise credits , if you are a solo in a full suite you receive 3 cruise credits. cruise credits work toward loyalty OBC.

Thank you for this info.

This will put me over the top to elite for a 28 day cruise where free wifi will be appreciated

Thank you for this info.

This will put me over the top to elite for a 28 day cruise where free wifi will be appreciated

Not sure what you are expecting. The Elite WIFI benefit is exactly the same as the Platinum benefit which you already are eligible for.

So far this is a number of minutes based on the length of the cruise with an option to pay extra for (on the ships that have it) unlimited high speed Internet. Of course this may change in the future.

On the two ships which are currently in the process of having the ***** technology installed and working, they have been giving Platinum and Elite passengers free unlimited Internet, but the "free" is supposed to stop being given once the ***** is fully available on those two ships.

We've only sailed in a full suite once and just loved it. We just cruised last week in a regular balcony room and boy, did I ever miss those suite benefits that we had on our previous cruise. I especially loved the Club Class dining and the breakfast in the Crown Grill.

The last morning of the cruise, the specialty restaurant breakfast is not available however, the club class breakfast is and there is always room service to enjoy that one last time in the morning if you want to stay in your cabin for your last meal.

It really is something special ... enjoy your cruise!

this is good info. i didnt know the CC bfast in the MDR is available on the day you leave the ship. i'm assuming your ultimate breakfast isnt available on that morning though. probably best to do on a sea day

Hello Keith, what is ultimate breakfast?

Greetings,

Like the balcony dinner this would be a breakfast version.

Deluxe Balcony Breakfast for 2 $45 for 2

see the second paragraph in this link.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/ultimatebalconydining.html

Not sure what you are expecting. The Elite WIFI benefit is exactly the same as the Platinum benefit which you already are eligible for.

So far this is a number of minutes based on the length of the cruise with an option to pay extra for (on the ships that have it) unlimited high speed Internet. Of course this may change in the future.

On the two ships which are currently in the process of having the ***** technology installed and working, they have been giving Platinum and Elite passengers free unlimited Internet, but the "free" is supposed to stop being given once the ***** is fully available on those two ships.

Thank you, I was using the wrong terminology - this will put me over 51 nights for Platinum - and with a 15 day, 7 day and 28 day cruise booked I will appreciate the extra minutes!

I am afraid I am rather a LOOONNNG way away from actual Elite.

this is good info. i didnt know the CC bfast in the MDR is available on the day you leave the ship. i'm assuming your ultimate breakfast isnt available on that morning though. probably best to do on a sea day

I don’t think the ultimate breakfast is the last day but since you are in a full suite, why pay for that? You can order off the MDR menu (not just the regular room service menu) for any meal during your cruise...even the last morning of the cruise.

We used the CC dining area all the time, though ...that, and the Crown Grill for breakfast. Never even saw the buffet on that sailing.

I don’t think the ultimate breakfast is the last day but since you are in a full suite, why pay for that? You can order off the MDR menu (not just the regular room service menu) for any meal during your cruise...even the last morning of the cruise.

We used the CC dining area all the time, though ...that, and the Crown Grill for breakfast. Never even saw the buffet on that sailing.

UBB comes free with the suite so i wouldnt be paying for it. i just have no clue how it compares to sabitinis or other room service.