EZAir Cancellation Coverage Under Princess Platinum Protection

lx200gps

We've booked our first EZAir flights for our April 2019 trip on the Royal out of LA. Fares are Flexible and have not yet been ticketed, but we plan to ticket (thereby going to Restricted) soon, to book decent seats on one leg where advance seat selection is not available. Thanks a lot, Air Canada. We also have Princess Platinum Protection.

If we have to cancel for a non-covered reason, using the CFAR clause, right now we would presumably get the 100% cruise credit because the cruise AND airfare would be covered, the airfare being fully refundable right now as it is a Flexible fare and not yet ticketed or paid for. If we decide to ticket and pay, would the Princess CFAR coverage cover us for the paid airfare, IOW would we get our money back for the paid for airfare? I note that in the Platinum Protection booklet, it states "Protection for Cruise Plus hotel add-ons and eZAir arrangements is included at no additional cost", but it's not clear whether we would get a frund for tickets already paid to the airlines.

Thanks in advance. :)

I recently had to cancel a cruise 7 days before flying to our embarkation port & 10 days before sailing. So our airfare had been paid & we received a cash refund. That was for a covered reason but haven’t read anything in the policy that it’d be different when using the CFAR coverage.

I’d call their phone number for policy information & request getting it in writing that you’d be covered which to me appears to be true.

The airfare will be refunded to your method of payment. Insurance for EzAir is seperate from Princess Platinum Insurance.

EZair cancellation coverage is included at no extra cost...how is it separate? :confused:

Also about half of our airfare was refunded to my method of payment (creditcard) & the other half of the refund was covered by the insurance (check)

So if you book thru EZAir you have built in protection or do you have to purchase some additional canx insurance with EZAir?

I checked our cancellation document for our recent experience & EZair was covered & it does not require any additional insurance so don’t understand that other post.