Sip and Sail

lexyplexy

The drinks aren't watered down.

They're the same drinks you get from pay as you go and they're not watered down. If you think they are, watch the bartender make the drink, you'll see for yourself.

As far as quality goes, that's pretty subjective. My call drinks are always as I expect them and the house fufu drinks are to each person's taste. Some I like, some I don't. With the package I find I'm willing to experiment and try lots of new things. Haven't hit the limit yet.

My Tanquery and Tonic, Extra Spicy Bloody Mary, and Chairman of the board were all excellent. I often drink straight Scotch (Talisker) or straight Bourbon (Bulleit) and they were not only excellent but the pours were good. The bartenders often poured doubles that were "fat". Pour the liquor into the measure, dump into the glass, pour another one and kind of let it keep flowing while pouring the second measure into the glass.

Too bad. Seems other cruise lines are including it in some way.

Yes in some way, like on NCL if you book in the US and get "free" drinks package they charge you 20% service charge on some expensive notional amount cost of the package were you to be fool enough to pay that much.

Having said that they are very liberal on NCL with measures etc, no problem getting whatever you want on there, I like my rum and coke 50/50 and they were happy to do it.

I believe if you book NCL in UK with the free drinks package there is no compulsory service charge on it , but I may be out of date with that.

That's one scotch I just don't care for. Sort of reminds me of "dipping" a chew of Pete moss in my mouth and then taking a drink.

Laphroaig is reckoned to be the peatiest of all single malts, very acidic, I don't dislike it but can't take much, and then watered down with no ice, the way its intended to be drunk.

Its meant to be good if you are eating in a place with dodgy food as the acid stomach juices it causes are better at killing the bacteria .before they can multiply and make you sick.

Yes in some way, like on NCL if you book in the US and get "free" drinks package they charge you 20% service charge on some expensive notional amount cost of the package were you to be fool enough to pay that much.

Having said that they are very liberal on NCL with measures etc, no problem getting whatever you want on there, I like my rum and coke 50/50 and they were happy to do it.

I believe if you book NCL in UK with the free drinks package there is no compulsory service charge on it , but I may be out of date with that.

Wow, interesting! I'll have to watch for that!