Ocean Medallion Confirmation Caribbean Princess 9/1/2018

okstatefire

Received this email a few hours ago. We are in a balcony cabin on the Baja deck for the 9/1 sailing. We leave a week from today so it will be interesting to see if they actually ship the medallions or if we pick them up at the pier.

We are on a aft balcony on the Baja deck right now, and the medallions were in our cabin when we came back from dinner this evening. From the look of the screens by the doors, all the Baja cabins have them now.

We got the 'thank you for purchasing' emails, followed shortly by an apology that they'd accidentally sent a test email.

We're on Sept 1st, too, and aren't expecting ***** for our deck 14 cabins.

I received the apology email as well. Sounds like Baja got them today so hopefully we will get ours at the pier on Saturday. I bet you will as well. See you then!

Mike

We are on 14 Riviera on 9/28 and have heard nothing about the Medallion.

I'm still onboard and and can confirm that Riviera has had them for the last couple weeks.

You will get the Medallions at check in. We only knew we were getting them because someone already on the ship knew about it. We never got an email or anything ahead of time.

Curious.......the email thanks you for your order. The implication seems to be that an order needs to be placed to receive the *****. From what I've been reading, this is just sort of an automatic thing that just happens.

What am I missing??

Curious.......the email thanks you for your order. The implication seems to be that an order needs to be placed to receive the *****. From what I've been reading, this is just sort of an automatic thing that just happens.

What am I missing??

You don't need to place an order for the *****. Eventually they could be mailed to a passenger's home after another stage of implementation has been complete. They aren't there yet. Right now they are distributed at check-in for decks that are complete. As new decks are added they are receiving their Medallions mid-cruise.

So yep, a test email that was tested too soon.

I'm still onboard and and can confirm that Riviera has had them for the last couple weeks.

You will get the Medallions at check in. We only knew we were getting them because someone already on the ship knew about it. We never got an email or anything ahead of time.

By the way, thank you for the info!

We just got off the Caribbean Princess on Saturday and we were on the Riviera deck. The only thing I used the Medallion for was the keyless entry into the room and the coffee shop. :) I loved walking up to our room and having it automatically unlock. It was great. No fumbling for the room key with your hands full from bringing coffee and breakfast back to the room.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess on Saturday and we were on the Riviera deck. The only thing I used the Medallion for was the keyless entry into the room and the coffee shop. :) I loved walking up to our room and having it automatically unlock. It was great. No fumbling for the room key with your hands full from bringing coffee and breakfast back to the room.

Any problem with the door unlocking while you were inside the cabin but near the door?

Looking forward to trying the Medallion again. We were in the ill-fated test run of the Medallion last November. It worked once for me and never for my husband. There were a few times we had to get staff to let us in with a new technology a "steel key" even with a key card!! It was fun though we got be to guinea pigs and were a little help for them to figure out the kinks, we knew going in it would not be prefect but it was a disaster! Things that work great on land do have a learning curve on the sea!

• 3 weeks later...
We are on Lido on 9/28. I'm hoping we get a chance to try this medallion.

We are on Caribe 9/28 and haven’t heard either. Although looks like most of the decks are now equipped.

Do they give you the wristband to insert the medallion, or do you have to buy it?

See you on 9/28.

Tonna and Jim

We are on Caribe 9/28 and haven’t heard either. Although looks like most of the decks are now equipped.

Do they give you the wristband to insert the medallion, or do you have to buy it?

See you on 9/28.

Tonna and Jim

They are not giving out the sports bands to Caribbean Princess passengers like they did on Regal.