Caribbean Princess suite upsell offer

Paula_MacFan

My TA just called to let us know we got an upsell offer from a mini-suite to a penthouse for $399 per person. I jumped on it and selected the aft location. I've been watching cruise fares for our itinerary and they've gone way up, and what we originally paid for our mini was several hundred less than balconies and even insides were going for at one time. So we're basically getting a full suite for not much more than the current balcony price. So excited!! We've never had a full suite before so I'm looking forward to enjoying the experience.

I don't really have a question here....just wanted to share my excitement with people who know what I'm talking about, LOL. Sometimes I say things about cruising to my co-workers, but they just don't get it:)

Any great hints or tips from those with suite experience? I think the 2 things I'm most looking forward to are Sabatini's breakfast and the extended room service menu.

My TA just called to let us know we got an upsell offer from a mini-suite to a penthouse for $399 per person. I jumped on it and selected the aft location. I've been watching cruise fares for our itinerary and they've gone way up, and what we originally paid for our mini was several hundred less than balconies and even insides were going for at one time. So we're basically getting a full suite for not much more than the current balcony price. So excited!! We've never had a full suite before so I'm looking forward to enjoying the experience.

I don't really have a question here....just wanted to share my excitement with people who know what I'm talking about, LOL. Sometimes I say things about cruising to my co-workers, but they just don't get it:)

Any great hints or tips from those with suite experience? I think the 2 things I'm most looking forward to are Sabatini's breakfast and the extended room service menu.

I don't have the "suite" experience, but I just wanted to congratulate you on your good fortune! Unfortunately, you may just get spoiled and never want to go back;)

The breakfast was a waste of time. It didn't live up to what we expected. We eat light for breakfast, berries and yogurt. The berries were in pre made small dishes. The coffee machine was broken so no specialty coffees.

The extended room service was great.

Get your steward to give the menus the night before. We loved eating out on the large deck and found room service food to be hot. Dinning room should call you up and asked where and when you wish to eat. Usually, you get a table window in the back on the ship. The nightly strawberries were lovely as was the extra large wonderful bowl of fruit. Be sure you go early first day to the spa area to get the sticker on your card. That is a nice perk. Enjoy the suite life.

Personally I love the breakfast at Sabatini's. It's not a waste of time. Don't forget you get a complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant on the first night so it's best to go to the restaurant you want after you board to make reservations. Also, you do need to ask your steward to drop off the main dining room menus each day. I also like the little slippers they give you.

And don't forget to call Princess after your cruise to get two cruise credits for your upsell. It doesn't happen automatically.

Edited by CruisingJs

The breakfast was a waste of time. It didn't live up to what we expected. We eat light for breakfast, berries and yogurt. The berries were in pre made small dishes. The coffee machine was broken so no specialty coffees.

Get your steward to give the menus the night before. We loved eating out on the large deck and found room service food to be hot. Dinning room should call you up and asked where and when you wish to eat. Usually, you get a table window in the back on the ship. The nightly strawberries were lovely as was the extra large wonderful bowl of fruit. Be sure you go early first day to the spa area to get the sticker on your card. That is a nice perk. Enjoy the suite life.

We are not huge breakfast eaters either so we probably won't go every day, but I'd still like to try it once. I am SUPER excited about room service though! I hope we have good weather so we can take advantage of balcony dining.

I'm unfamiliar with the spa but read we have access to the thermal spa area. What exactly does this include?

Personally I love the breakfast at Sabatini's. It's not a waste of time. Don't forget you get a complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant on the first night so it's best to go to the restaurant you want after you board to make reservations. Also, you do need to ask your steward to drop off the main dining room menus each day. I also like the little slippers they give you.

And don't forget to call Princess after your cruise to get two cruise credits for your upsell. It doesn't happen automatically.

I am excited about free specialty dining -- we usually go 2X on a 7 day cruise. I'm not overly thrilled with it being on embarkation day, but will make it work!

I will definitely make sure we get the dining room menus. Some reviews I've read said they didn't even know MDR menus were an option as they were never provided, and one review said they asked for them and the steward didn't know what they were talking about?!?!

I personally wouldn't have accepted the upsell at the price you paid. Elite members already have most of the perks like the complimentary mini bar and tender priority. Breakfast at Sabitini although nice isn't worth $798 per couple extra. The larger room is about the only thing a suite has to offer and compared to a mini it's not that big a deal. I accepted an upsell to a suite for $99 PP on a four night cruise and felt that was worth it.

I personally wouldn't have accepted the upsell at the price you paid. Elite members already have most of the perks like the complimentary mini bar and tender priority. Breakfast at Sabitini although nice isn't worth $798 per couple extra. The larger room is about the only thing a suite has to offer and compared to a mini it's not that big a deal. I accepted an upsell to a suite for $99 PP on a four night cruise and felt that was worth it.

I'm not Elite yet, just Platinum, so it was worth to us. As I said in my original post, we ended up paying slightly more than current balcony prices, so from that perspective, it is a great deal IMO.

We booked this cruise over a year ago and our TA got us a great rate on our mini-suite. Since this is a special itinerary only offered 2X this year from Houston, the prices have gone WAY up since we originally booked.

Also we're saving the $100 we would have spent on 2X specialty dining (one free on embarkation and we'll probably use MDR room service instead of second night ) and our bar bill will be around $65 less with the mini bar set up. Overall it is worth it to us!

Edited by Paula_MacFan

Congratulations!! We accepted an upsell offer from a mini to a full suite last year on a 15 day roundtrip to Hawaii on the Grand. Full suites are usually out of our budget so it was a real treat. We had breakfast in Sabatini's every morning. Loved the personal service and the mimosas. I really loved the free laundry.

Regarding the 2 cruise credits - Both our TA and I contacted Princess several times but were not able to convince them to apply them to our account; only got the one.

Hope you have a great time!

Congratulations!! We accepted an upsell offer from a mini to a full suite last year on a 15 day roundtrip to Hawaii on the Grand. Full suites are usually out of our budget so it was a real treat. We had breakfast in Sabatini's every morning. Loved the personal service and the mimosas. I really loved the free laundry.

Regarding the 2 cruise credits - Both our TA and I contacted Princess several times but were not able to convince them to apply them to our account; only got the one.

Hope you have a great time!

That Hawaiian itinerary would be great to have a full suite, with all those sea days to enjoy it! Lucky you:)

That's a bummer about the 2 cruise credits:( It sounds like it's hit or miss whether they give them.....but I'm surprised even your TA had no luck.

Thanks for the well wishes, I am super excited!

We are not huge breakfast eaters either so we probably won't go every day, but I'd still like to try it once. I am SUPER excited about room service though! I hope we have good weather so we can take advantage of balcony dining.

I'm unfamiliar with the spa but read we have access to the thermal spa area. What exactly does this include?

The Thermal Suite is an area with several different saunas and steam rooms and heated tile loungers. I can fall asleep on those loungers [emoji3] It is a very nice area to relax after a busy day in port.

If you like to start your morning with a specialty coffee you can get whatever you want at Sabatini's. DW was introduced to Americanos about four years ago at Sabatini's. Our adult DD was with us when we had an upsell offer to a suite. After the second day she had her vanilla soy latte brought to her shortly after we sat down each morning and she was happy [emoji4] I have always had a nice selection of fresh berries and also get a sliced banana added. You can also get fresh squeezed orange juice or mimosas. Another nice feature is that the Danishes and sweet rolls are less than half the normal size. I feel I can order one every day with less guilt [emoji6] You don't need to eat a lot of food to enjoy Sabatini's every morning.

When we would order off the DR menu we often ordered our dessert separately so my ice cream didn't melt or my soufflé was still warm. We did tip a couple of bucks for each delivery.

I'm not Elite yet, just Platinum, so it was worth to us. As I said in my original post, we ended up paying slightly more than current balcony prices, so from that perspective, it is a great deal IMO.

We booked this cruise over a year ago and our TA got us a great rate on our mini-suite. Since this is a special itinerary only offered 2X this year from Houston, the prices have gone WAY up since we originally booked.

Also we're saving the $100 we would have spent on 2X specialty dining (one free on embarkation and we'll probably use MDR room service instead of second night ) and our bar bill will be around $65 less with the mini bar set up. Overall it is worth it to us!

That's al that matters , it's worth it to you.

Wonderful!! We took an upsell last summer on Holland America on a 12 night Baltic cruise from a regular balcony to an aft wrap suite. It was a special occasion and worth every penny. Best cabin we will ever have and loved the suite benefits which I assume are the same as on Princess!

We got an upsell offer on our upcoming cruise on the Coral from balcony to mini-suite and we did not take it. Had it been to full suite I might have considered it!

Congratulations!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Congratulations. I can completely understand how, in this case, it would be worth it to you. I've never sailed in a suite and likely never will but would certainly like to do so if possible.

The issue we would have with breakfast is that we usually sleep in when cruising. We rarely get up in time to have breakfast in MDR so would either have to miss the breakfast in Sabatini's or else (gasp!) get up at a reasonable hour. :eek:

Congratulations. I can completely understand how, in this case, it would be worth it to you. I've never sailed in a suite and likely never will but would certainly like to do so if possible.

The issue we would have with breakfast is that we usually sleep in when cruising. We rarely get up in time to have breakfast in MDR so would either have to miss the breakfast in Sabatini's or else (gasp!) get up at a reasonable hour. :eek:

Thanks! And I will agree that sleeping in on vacation is important, and I won't plan my entire week around Sabatini's breakfast:) DH pointed out we don't want to miss pub lunch either, so we may have to pick and choose our meals carefully or I will gain a ton of weight.

Thanks! And I will agree that sleeping in on vacation is important, and I won't plan my entire week around Sabatini's breakfast:) DH pointed out we don't want to miss pub lunch either, so we may have to pick and choose our meals carefully or I will gain a ton of weight.
Sabatini's is open for breakfast even later than the DR. I believe it is 10:00 on port days and 10:30 on sea days. Be sure to check as we came in late on one port day on an earlier cruise and it was closed [emoji33] We liked Sabatini's so much on our Baltic cruise that we skipped a visit to the Vasa Museum for one last breakfast there. We still had plenty of time after breakfast for DW and DD to have some successful shopping opportunist in the old city.

Did you try the breakfast parfait? Yogurt, berries, granola. Very tasty.