Silver Galapagos questions

dc4925

We will be guests on the Silver Galapagos June 9-16, 2018. We an unclear from the cruise documentation (and unfortunately the customer service agents have been less than helpful) whether or not there is shipboard laundry service available. We understand there is no self-service laundry. Thanks.

We will be guests on the Silver Galapagos June 9-16, 2018. We an unclear from the cruise documentation (and unfortunately the customer service agents have been less than helpful) whether or not there is shipboard laundry service available. We understand there is no self-service laundry. Thanks.

There is a shipboard laundry service which is efficient and moderately priced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many thanks 57 varieties and RachelG. If you have any other helpful tips you would be willing to share, we would be very grateful. This will be our first Silversea as well as Expedition experience. We have cruised with Regent several times (including the Paul Gauguin when it was under Regent operation).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are platinum on Regent and have almost 100 days on Silversea, so I think I can answer any questions reasonably. Galapagos presents several challenges as the food must be locally sourced.

That said, Silversea has done a great job. Way better than Celebrity. But you still have to adjust expectations. You are not going to get a great filet. If you like seafood, it is outstanding on this ship. Wines are mostly South American, but they have some good ones. This is an expedition trip, so a bit different, but we loved it.

Any questions, just ask!

I would agree totally with 57 as we are at present on board on the middle of a 2 week trip. The staff are great and their is always something I can eat with pleasure wines are good to great.

What is never comprised is your safety the boat men are the heroes .

Joe

• 1 month later...

My wife and I will sail on the Silver Galapagos this November. How many opportunities will we have to snorkel? I understand that their wet suits are shorties and the water is relatively cool, but that's OK. We really like to snorkel. We will bring our own masks and snorkels and use the shipboard wet suits and fins.

My wife and I will sail on the Silver Galapagos this November. How many opportunities will we have to snorkel? I understand that their wet suits are shorties and the water is relatively cool, but that's OK. We really like to snorkel. We will bring our own masks and snorkels and use the shipboard wet suits and fins.

Snorkelling is offered on most days and they had both long and short wetsuits to borrow when we went to Galapagos with SS four years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not a snorkeler but my husband is. We were there in November. He snorkeled 3 times as I recall. Once from the beach, and the two other times, from a zodiac. He loves cold water and did not wear a wet suit, but most everyone else did.

I just looked back at the daily itineraries I saved and snorkeling was offered four out of the six days. Plus a fifth if you opted for the beach excursion and wanted to snorkel from the beach. We also took our own masks and snorkels and used the ship's fins and wet suits. We also took "skins" we own and wore those everyday as well. We wore them not only to keep warm, but also for sun protections. We went in early January.

• 2 months later...

I don't think they had anything other than life jackets on board. We knew we would be snorkeling most days, so we purchased inflatable snorkel vests online just to make sure we had some. My DH rarely used his, but I used mine every time I was in the water. It was much easier to relax and snorkel especially if the water was not completely calm, which it never was. There are currents to contend with.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bit late for the poster but... We were on the ship last week. Since both my partner and I are novice snorkellers, we asked for a life vest. They had neon green vest that had a round the waist and a through the crotch strap. The life vests were self inflated. Seemed to work fine for us.