All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

We're waiting till the Star Wars part opens [emoji849]. Margaret, cute dress, that could be worn so many different ways with sweater, blazer, boots, sandals. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, Les's highly awaited Nike bathing suit & matching SPF50 rashguard finally arrived. The bathing suit showed on line as graphite grey & neon Orange. The shirt was neon orange (size he always gets). We've been waiting for these since May. He opens the bag & just throws it to me. Oh oh. Bathing suit is grey, ok. Oh boy, the accent color is neon PINK! Seriously, pink. Ok, they're going back. Do you like the shirt? You can wear it with navy or black trunks. He takes the shirt out of the bag, now this is a neon (day glo) orange. Les says, well you won't lose me. Takes the (supposed to be large) shirt out, oh oh. Looks a bit small, can't get it over his head. Dang, back to the drawing board. I'm glad we have a couple of months. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Margaret, i love the dress. I've been working on what I'll call easy to wear dresses, and I think that falls into that category. I love it when you can change the dress with accessories too.

My new gold dress that I wore to the wedding is like that. I could throw on flat sandals, a scarf or nicer sandals and jewelry.

Melody, it's frustrating when what we order and what we get are different.

We had something to take back to the mall today, and we were leaving thru JCP. I ended up with a pair of crops and a shirt. Both in an earthy rust color for $33 including tax. I'll try to get a picture in a bit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Laurie. Both really good colors for you! I can see you wearing them onboard your cruise. I tried that color & it looked muddy on me, made my complexion look very sallow. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's funny, because I'm pretty sure that the top.at least is going with me.

Three weeks from now, around this time, we will be getting ready for sail away. Sail away time is pretty late in San Juan.

Now that I realize how close I am to sailing, I don't think the new dress will be back from the tailor, so I'll be sticking with the dress line up I already picked out. I brought the last of my dresses for adjusting all at once, and there were 5.

I will also be sailing to Cuba in three weeks . I am just starting to plan what I will pack . I am only taking very casual except for two sundresses since we are going to a Cuban club .I am starting to get excited . We are planning on what cigars and rum we will bring back . It is just strange with the money exchange you really have to calculate your spending since they do not accept US credit cards . I am planning on Cuba being very hot and humid especially since their is very little air conditioning .When I return I will start planning my Disney Trip though my daughter is doing most of that planning .

Sally, take enough to buy a fan. Some of the handheld fans are stunning! I have 105 days (who's counting) till we cruise. I'm envious of both of you! Melody

I just love seeing earth colors.

One of the funny things is that before working with CJW, I always loved earth colors. I find them calming, yet colorful. I think that is why I find it so easy to embrace buying earth clothing. I just wish there was more out there for us to choose from.

For the past few years, I have noticed that there always seems to be a predominant earth color that is one the "it" colors of the season. Olive green has been very big for close to two years now. Some shades are warmer than others, but overall, I see a lot of earth.

When I was in JCP yesterday, there was a whole lot of rust. I can't think of a better description, but both of my new items are that color, and I saw more of it as I walked around. I was in a hurry though, and I am trying to stay focused on filling needs before buying something that I just want to have. That can be hard to do, because you never know when you may find the perfect color and style combo again. So I am selective overall, and try not to pass up a good deal.

I went back and looked at the dress in Kohls, and I know how beautiful the dress is because I had it in lakehouse red just two years ago. The more I looked at emerald, the more I got to thinking that it wasn't earth. I think I was just so thrilled to see colors that were different, that I got excited. I did decide to try to the dress though, because it was on sale for 89.99, with an additional 30% off. I thought that was pretty goof for a dress that was something like $120.00 to begin with.

I did a lot of what I would call spring cleaning today, even though it is summer. :D It amazes me how little beauty products end up pushed to the back of a cabinet, only to find out it expired a loooooong time ago. I went through a lot of other things too, such as linens. I thought it would be helpful to have a little list on my phone so that if I happen to see a good deal, I know what we need and don't need. There are some things you just don't think about.

My kitchen towels look like they've through WWIII, for example. But I don't have to run and get news ones right now. I figured that if I see a sale, I can get some, then get rid of the worst of the old ones. Maybe if I do this a little at a time, I will be staggering the replacement time down the road.

So, since I was going through the bathroom and part of my closet, I decided there are some things that can be readied up for the cruise. Not a lot just yet, because it will be a warm cruise and it's still warm here. I need to wear my shorts and all that until we leave. I was able to get the swimsuits and cover ups ready, and I will get out my gold dress sandals. I have my jewelry all out, but since I will be wearing some of it between now and then, I can just put it back to the area I designated on my dresser. My hiking sneakers can be put into the pile, since I won't be hiking between now and then. It is kind of misleading to call them hiking sneakers, in that they are not heavy duty at all. As a matter of fact, they were my gym sneakers at first. The only real difference is a bit less flexibility. I can use them at the gym on the ship as well.

That is one area I'm not certain about: how many gym outfits to bring. I was thinking that we will be fairly active during the cruise, plus we never take the elevator. I was thinking of one outfit, because tech fabrics are quick drying, and I can rinse them out in the sink if I want to rewear them? The tops are so lightweight, and easy to roll, I'm not sure that bringing two tops and one bottom is a big deal. I just don't think my sports bra will dry as quickly.

I happen to have this little mini backpack, and it is the perfect size for sunscreen, bug spray and few bottles of water. That will be packed for when we hike in St. Kitts.

Honestly, I try not to over pack, but sometimes I can't help it. I guess I'm not over packing if I wear almost every last thing I bring. I guess my real issue is that I don't rewear things. Maybe once I get through the hot flashes I'll be better about it!!!

I still do not have anything planned for St. Thomas, but I believe one of you mentioned a tour...Melody? I really have to get going on that. I don't mind just winging it and wandering a bit, but that isn't always the best thing to do form a safety perspective, and I'm not really the type to shop.

This may be a silly question, but is it any different flying in to San Juan compared to continental US trip? I will be doing a little research on it, but we will have our usual passport and driver's license with us, and be adhering to the usual luggage rules. I guess I just wanted to see if anything was going to be different.than what I would expect normally.

Laurie. We took an island tour on St Thomas. Had about 8-10 people in an open taxi & had a great time. Blackbeard Castle, Top of island (gift shop & overlook), Meagans Bay & 2 hrs of shopping. Not enough shopping time for me. We've also taken the tram to the top (it's over at Havenshurst & I think Royal docks at Crown Bay now). Beautiful view & nice place to have a drink. Les has bought coins in their gift shop.

How many days early are you going into San Juan ? We love to walk to the fort from the pier (bit less than a mile but take water, it's hot!). Melody

I never want to move again.;p

I usually think that for several months after moving...but especially after a double move. We did the whole apt transfer from Wednesday night to Monday morning. Now I can get to the business of unpacking. OMG.

Meanwhile...I've been spending my "internet research time" looking into body shapes and flattering styles, etc. Trying so hard to get a handle on things so that I can have some focus and success for my sewing projects.

See. I've been taking some pictures of my new wardrobe in action and sadly, oh so sadly, there are pictures that I DO NOT want to SHARE. OMG. It's a bit upsetting to see how something I thought was flattering in the mirror really isn't that wonderful. The pictures are helpful in that regard, but wow, it's kind of bummer to be hit with how something looks for real when you have a different mental image.

I'm feeling fairly confident in determining that I have an "8" body shape based on the Inside Out Style blog. I do agree with the recommendations for dressing that shape...as I did just recently try on all my clothes (unpacked to that point) and can verify the effect of different styles. I'm going to be spending some more time reading up on that.

I think I'm making DH a bit nuts with all of this. He just wishes that I would be happy with the way I look...and I'm trying to tell him that I'm TRYING to be happy with the way I look! I'm trying to figure out how to make better choices so that I don't look at myself and think not so happy thoughts!

Just reading about all your packing makes me not want to do it again but I probably have one more move since my house is too big for my lifestyle now .

I think that picture of you with the loose dress is very flattering so maybe that is your style for now loose tops with tighter bottoms ?

This may be a silly question, but is it any different flying in to San Juan compared to continental US trip? I will be doing a little research on it, but we will have our usual passport and driver's license with us, and be adhering to the usual luggage rules. I guess I just wanted to see if anything was going to be different.than what I would expect normally.

When catching a taxi from the San Juan airport they have a line that everyone must go through. They get your information (# of passengers, destination, # of bags) and hand you a paper to give to the taxi driver. It works very well at keeping the line moving.

If flying out of San Juan you will need to send all of your luggage through an agricultural inspection and get a sticker put on each bag. They even put one on my purse. You do this before checking your bags.

Wow, didn't know about the luggage. So that will be done from my home airport?

The agricultural check on luggage is done at the San Juan airport before you get on your plane for home. It will be your first stop at the airport when leaving San Juan. It should be close to where you enter the airport. If you don't have the stickers they won't check your luggage and you will have to go back to the check point to get that done. They also won't let you through the TSA check point with carry on luggage without the stamp. Wouldn't be much fun to have to go back and then wait in line all over again.

Those greens! OMG, do they do this for other colors too? I just love it. What a great way to see the differences, and just the warmth overall. Those true greens really are some of my very best colors!

Melody, I an just loving baseball season. I would say the Red Sox aren't on top of their game, but they sure are playing with heart and doing well. I miss Pedey.

And I want a jersey with the nickname (Laser Show) but I'm not willing to pay $200. Ouch.

I will make sure I keep in mind that we have to.get our stickers when we leave San Juan. Anything else to keep in mind?