Venice water taxi to the cruise terminal

tyson

We are a group of 10 that are planning to reserve a water taxi to take us from the house we are renting fairly close to St. Mark's to the cruise terminal. I have done a mock online booking and it comes to about 152 Euros for the 10 us us, which I think is fairly reasonable. My question is where we will be let off at/near the terminal and how we get to the ship. Are we close to the people mover? Any help from those that have taken a water taxi to the terminal would be appreciated. Thanks!

We are a group of 10 that are planning to reserve a water taxi to take us from the house we are renting fairly close to St. Mark's to the cruise terminal. I have done a mock online booking and it comes to about 152 Euros for the 10 us us, which I think is fairly reasonable. My question is where we will be let off at/near the terminal and how we get to the ship. Are we close to the people mover? Any help from those that have taken a water taxi to the terminal would be appreciated. Thanks!

Check size of water taxi as I think most only fit 6 people

Water taxi terminal alilaguna and people mover terminal are all in close proximity to eat other at port

However the port itself is large and can berth about 9 ships

If yours is one of furthest away can be a long meandering walk with your luggage not pleasant in full sunshine or wet weather

Have never seen porter service to help with luggage from entrance to port

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The site says the water taxi can fit up to 10 passengers plus luggage. Since we are sailing in early November, there are not many ships. From what I can tell, we are the only ship that day. If we are close to the people mover when we get off the water taxi, we will probably be in good shape. Thanks!

The site says the water taxi can fit up to 10 passengers plus luggage. Since we are sailing in early November, there are not many ships. From what I can tell, we are the only ship that day. If we are close to the people mover when we get off the water taxi, we will probably be in good shape. Thanks!
The people mover was about 400 yards from our berth last week.Just outside the terminal gate.

If you are taking a private water taxi to the cruise port terminal, you will be let off closer to the terminal and ships than the People Mover is. So there really won't be a need to involve the People Mover. It is more "inland" than you will be. You would actually have to walk thru or around the cruise terminal to get to the People Mover. :-)

Edited by MeHeartCruising

I would be very sceptical that a water taxi will take 10 with luggage. You should plan on having 2 taxis. Well worth it.

If you want to see precisely where the taxis dock, plug these coordinates into the search bar of google maps, google earth, or even just google.

Two numbers separated by a comma.... 45.438244,12.312363

The people mover station is 200 yards north east of that point.

If you are taking a private water taxi to the cruise port terminal, you will be let off closer to the terminal and ships than the People Mover is. So there really won't be a need to involve the People Mover. It is more "inland" than you will be. You would actually have to walk thru or around the cruise terminal to get to the People Mover. :-)

That confused me also.The people mover only goes back to P.Roma on the Grand canal.

Last year we took a water taxi to the terminal. There were workers on the dock to assist us with getting the luggage off the taxi. They would make sure you had luggage tags on and then they would transport the luggage to the ship. All we had to do is walk to the ship with our carry on. It was much easier than I expected. That was on a Princess cruise and it was the only ship in the port at the time. So I don't know or can't say how each ship is handled. You may want to call your cruise line and ask them. And to me, no matter what you find at the port, the people mover would be a out of the question.

Thanks, ZN1300! That's exactly what I was hoping to find out! We are on Royal Caribbean (Rhapsody of the Seas), so I hope they do the same thing with luggage as Princess. It sounds very easy and probably worth the cost of the water taxi. :D