LaGuardia

I did a search but couldn’t find an answer to my question. Last year we were on a Princess transatlantic cruise which ended in New York. We had Princess shuttle transfers to LaGuardia. I have no idea where the shuttle let us off but it was at least a 20 minute walk to the American Airlines terminal. We will be arriving at the Princess pier at Red Hook again this September and do not want the same experience as last year. Does anyone know if the construction is still causing so many problems at LaGuardia? Any recommendations for alternatives (other than cab) to the Princess shuttle would be appreciated. This year we will be leaving on Delta but I don’t know which terminal Delta uses.

... arriving at the Princess pier at Red Hook again this September and do not want the same experience as last year. Does anyone know if the construction is still causing so many problems at LaGuardia? Any recommendations for alternatives (other than cab) to the Princess shuttle ... leaving on Delta but I don’t know which terminal Delta uses.

#1, LGA's long-term airport construction will be ongoing and not expected to finish until 2020 & beyond, project is on time but much, much more work ahead at all the terminals, being relocated closer to the parkway.

#2, Delta flights operate mainly out of Terminal C & D inter-connected air-side, some over at A (Marine Air Terminal)

#3, how many of you are traveling together ? Unless you are a solo traveler, there is really no reason to opt for Princess's shared bus shuttle, as I cannot imagine it being less than $30 to $35 p/p each way; and, you get to sit/wait until everyone booked are boarded & their luggage loaded.

#4, depending on whether it's a weekday or the weekend, the ride to LGA should be somewhere between 45 to 90 minutes on average, curbside to curbside - whereas the "shuttle" could be making up to 3 or even 4 stops with all the terminals.

#5, generally, we recommend using 1 of 2 citywide car services - Dial 7 or Carmel, serving the region, with competitive base fare/rates and there is no toll from Red Hook to LGA. Is flying out of JFK an option at all, if flights are available & fares are nearly identical ??

#6, taxi availability at Red Hook terminal varied widely and the queue line can be long - so the car service is definitely a better option to consider.

The more specific details that you choose to share, the better we can look into & check to see if cautions are advised with other events in & around the city.

As for alerts about LGA, we have a 411 sticky on that - not aware of any major tie-ups due to airport constructions lately, best to check back a month or so before your cruise. You can also Google LGA's airport operational status/homepage from the Port Authority folks.

#2, Delta flights operate mainly out of Terminal C & D inter-connected air-side, some over at A (Marine Air Terminal)

Delta no longer operates out of MAT or Terminal A they are only in C & D which are connected post security with moving sidewalks.

Terminal A is now all JetBlue and Alaska flights though I think Alaska is no longer flying out of LGA.

C is only Dela, B and D have multiple airlines.

Operationally it is a great improvement, no longer waiting at A for a plane to be ferried over from C/D.

#3, how many of you are traveling together ? Unless you are a solo traveler, there is really no reason to opt for Princess's shared bus shuttle, as I cannot imagine it being less than $30 to $35 p/p each way; and, you get to sit/wait until everyone booked are boarded & their luggage loaded.

I’m traveling alone on this trip. I agree with you about the Princess transfers but I’m not familiar enough with NYC airports to know what alternatives I have?

#4, depending on whether it's a weekday or the weekend, the ride to LGA should be somewhere between 45 to 90 minutes on average, curbside to curbside - whereas the "shuttle" could be making up to 3 or even 4 stops with all the terminals.

It will be a weekday. The flight leaves LGA about 2:30 PM.

#5, generally, we recommend using 1 of 2 citywide car services - Dial 7 or Carmeel, serving the region, with competitive base fare/rates and there is no toll from Red Hook to LGA. Is flying out of JFK an option at all, if flights are available & fares are nearly identical ??

No to JFK. It’s a domestic flight and already booked and paid for.

The more specific details that you choose to share, the better we can look into & check to see if cautions are advised with other events in & around the city.

As for alerts about LGA, we have a 411 sticky on that - not aware of any major tie-ups due to airport constructions lately, best to check back a month or so before your cruise. You can also Google LGA's airport operational status/homepage from the Port Authority folks.

Thank you very much for your information. I will definitely check again closer to September.

Delta no longer operates out of MAT or Terminal A they are only in C & D which are connected post security with moving sidewalks.

Terminal A is now all JetBlue and Alaska flights though I think Alaska is no longer flying out of LGA.

C is only Dela, B and D have multiple airlines.

Operationally it is a great improvement, no longer waiting at A for a plane to be ferried over from C/D.

Thank you. It sounds like it might be easier than it was using American Airlines last year.