Help with Old Itineraries-"very old"

I have been trying to list all the ports of call that I have been to on my various cruises. Unfortunately I did not keep track of some of my older cruises when I first started sailing with RCCL. I know there are many veteran cruisers out there, and who knows I may have sailed with you at one time. As I said I am looking for the ports of call for the following 7 day cruises. Feel free to discuss any memories.

Song of Norway....July 1984......Eastern Carib

Nordic Prince........Nov 1985......Western Carib

Song of America...Oct 1987.......Eastern Carib

Sun Viking...........Oct 1989.......Southern Carib

Sovereign of Seas..July 1994.....?

All sailings were out of Miami except for the Sun Viking which sailed out of San Juan

Good Sailing, Murf

• 1 month later...

Royal Caribbean’s ports-of-call were advertised in 1984 as follows. (Not certain of order.)

7- Day Western Caribbean: Miami-Grand Cayman-Montego Bay-Cozumel-Playa del Carmen

7-Day Eastern Caribbean: Miami-Nassau-San Juan-St. Thomas

In 1989, Royal Caribbean’s advertised the following ports of call for the new 7-day Sun Viking cruise.

San Juan-Barbados-St. Lucia-Guadeloupe-St. Barts-St. Thomas

Hope this helps with your itneraries!

Andy

The Sun Viking 7-day itinerary from San Juan (above) was advertised as in effect from August 1989 to April 1990. Royal Caribbean also advertised 10-day Sun Viking cruises in 1989 with a Miami-Labadee-San Juan-St. Thomas-Ocho Rios-Grand Cayman-Playa del Carmen-Cozumel itinerary.

In 1994, Sovereign of the Seas itinerary was listed as Miami-St. Thomas-San Juan-Nassau or Coco Cay.

Also, in March 1994, Song of America had 11 night cruises from San Juan to St. Thomas-St. Martin-Martinique-Trinidad-Dominica-St. Kitts.-St. Croix-Coco Cay. A 10 night cruise omitted St. Croix.

The information came from advertisements and travel articles in the New York Times and the Washington Post searched through the ProQuest Historical Newspapers database. It's available via many libraries.

Andy

• 3 years later...

We also sailed on the Song of America out of Miami in Oct. of 1987 and I have been trying to determine the DAY, it seems we left and a Saturday, but then I seem to have taken the Sun. addition of Miami Herald with me to the pier ! I may have just "dreamed" that part....LOL...the Song OA just took my breath away the first time I saw her at the terminal. We went to San Juan I do remember that part, but sure would like to find someone who remembers what day the Song sailed. Annnmarie The Villages, Fl

• 2 weeks later...
We also sailed on the Song of America out of Miami in Oct. of 1987 and I have been trying to determine the DAY, it seems we left and a Saturday, but then I seem to have taken the Sun. addition of Miami Herald with me to the pier ! I may have just "dreamed" that part....LOL...the Song OA just took my breath away the first time I saw her at the terminal. We went to San Juan I do remember that part, but sure would like to find someone who remembers what day the Song sailed. Annnmarie The Villages, Fl

I am almost certain it was a Saturday. I recall that my wife an I only booked Saturday departures on our RCCL cruises except for the Sun Viking which was 10 days. All of the others we arrived and came home on saturday

We sailed on the Sovereign in 1991 (wished we could have sailed her one last time…loved that ship!) out of Miami.

We left on a Saturday and the itinerary was Miami-Labadee-San Juan-St. Thomas-Miami. I'm not sure what year RCCL (it was still RCCL back then) stopped going to Labadee because of civil unrest in Haiti.

• 6 months later...

Posting on this old thread in hopes someone can help me with the itinerary for this 7-day cruise in the Caribbean. I want to add this sailing to my C&A points but can't find my tickets from 1983. I need the ports of call. I think we sailed on May 21st or 28th?

Posting on this old thread in hopes someone can help me with the itinerary for this 7-day cruise in the Caribbean. I want to add this sailing to my C&A points but can't find my tickets from 1983. I need the ports of call. I think we sailed on May 21st or 28th?

It would help to know the name of the ship

I thought the Sun Viking was only doing longer cruises, 10, 11, 14 days during this time period. Check the old Cruise Travels, which have the Cruise Calendars in the back.

http://books.google.com/books?id=HzEDAAAAMBAJ&source=gbs_all_issues_r&cad=1&atm_aiy=1980#all_issues_anchor

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise, on the Monarch of the Seas that included the date May 21, 1999...would love to add those sailing days to my Crown and Anchor membership. I wonder if they can do that, if I have the date? Hmmm.

You might need something that proves you went. DH called to add our honeymoon cruise(Song of America, April 1988), but we actually had our tickets, etc in our photo album from then, & was able to upload & email that info. It's not showing yet, but with all the current website issues, I'm not exactly surprised....