Grocery Stores Near Canada Place

We will be staying at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver and looking to pick up a few groceries before we sail. I see there are a few Whole Foods stores in the city. Which one is the closest to our hotel and what would be the best form of transportation to said store? Thanks so much for your help!

We will be staying at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver and looking to pick up a few groceries before we sail. I see there are a few Whole Foods stores in the city. Which one is the closest to our hotel and what would be the best form of transportation to said store? Thanks so much for your help!

When you say a few things, it is hard to know if your talking about shopping carts or something else.

Some alternatives that are in walking distance.... There are two Nesters Markets in the downtown core. They tend to be upscale but not exclusively organic.

Choices Market is closest to a wholefoods in terms of organic.

Urban Fair has a strong prepared food offering.

If you are brand loyal to Whole Foods. There is one within a block or two of Broadway-City Hall station. That is about a five minute skytrain ride from downtown.

You can also try to order online and have it delivered to your hotel. Fresh St Market and Stongs Market deliver into the downtown core and have a good online selection.

Google maps is one of the greatest resources on the Internet. You tell it what you want and it comes up. I did this for you, merely typing in what you asked for and here are the results (click on link below). If it's a nice summer day you could certainly walk if you feel up to it, or walk one way and take a cab back (we do not have Uber in Vancouver at this time).

https://www.google.com/maps/search/grocery+stores+near+Canada+Place/@49.2835898,-123.1208969,14.75z <--click here

Thank you!

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

When you say a few things, it is hard to know if your talking about shopping carts or something else.

Some alternatives that are in walking distance.... There are two Nesters Markets in the downtown core. They tend to be upscale but not exclusively organic.

Choices Market is closest to a wholefoods in terms of organic.

Urban Fair has a strong prepared food offering.

If you are brand loyal to Whole Foods. There is one within a block or two of Broadway-City Hall station. That is about a five minute skytrain ride from downtown.

You can also try to order online and have it delivered to your hotel. Fresh St Market and Stongs Market deliver into the downtown core and have a good online selection.

Thanks!

Google maps is one of the greatest resources on the Internet. You tell itwhat you want and it comes up. I did this for you, merely typing in what you asked for and here are the results (click on link below). If it's a nice summer day you could certainly walk if you feel up to it, or walk one way and take a cab back (we do not have Uber in Vancouver at this time).

https://www.google.com/maps/search/grocery+stores+near+Canada+Place/@49.2835898,-123.1208969,14.75z <--click here

• 1 month later...
Whole foods downtown is a long walk. Head up Burrard to IGA or west along Hastings to Urban Fare.

For food--

1675 Robson St has a Whole Foods too. Used to be Choices.

Closest grocery store is Urban Fare-- like you say.

There is the Dollar Store & Liquor Store across from Waterfront Station if it is for snacks and such. Seems the $ stores carry a lot of food now too.

No liquor sold in Grocery stores......maybe in the odd store that has but that is all, it is a slow process. None downtown I know of.

For food--

1675 Robson St has a Whole Foods too. Used to be Choices.

Closest grocery store is Urban Fare-- like you say.

There is the Dollar Store & Liquor Store across from Waterfront Station if it is for snacks and such. Seems the $ stores carry a lot of food now too.

No liquor sold in Grocery stores......maybe in the odd store that has but that is all, it is a slow process. None downtown I know of.

Yeah, the Robson Street one was the one I was referring to when I said it's a long walk.

You're right, not booze in grocery stores downtown.