Arriving LGA

We will be arriving into LGA at 8:00 on a Thursday morning in July and need to plan transportation to the Manhattan pier. I would like to avoid the additional shuttle required during airport construction to get to the area for Uber or car service, but I'm concerned about taking a taxi with the meter running through rush hour traffic. We will be flying AA, which I believe is Terminal B.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AA flights has been & remained at Terminal B - it is served by yellow taxi, metered fare to/from Manhattan; or, as already noted - you can follow signs to the parking garage, level 2 to the designated FHV pickup area (For Hired Vehicles, including car services, limo/black cars, ride-sharing like Uber, etc. authorized to pickup & dropoff.

Carmel is what we generally used ourselves & recommended here by many CC'ers, Dial 7 is the other major car service - Carmel will be in the pickup area.

See this official LGA airport link for the current/latest info - https://laguardiaairport.com/to-from-airport/car-service-and-shared-rides

Footnote, to avoid sitting in rush-hour & commuter traffic in the morning, en route to MCT - expect to pay a bridge or tunnel toll, whichever is the fastest routing - car services will collect the cash toll on top of the base fare, at $8.50 (vs. taxi are required to use & charge only for the EZ-Pass toll rate of $5.74 for the same crossing).

Do not use taxi we did that last month flying with AA to LGA , waited 30 mins for luggage then went to the “taxi line “ they were not allowing taxi to pick up there, we had to get on a bus hat then took use to a taxi area then after another wait got in taxi. We fly to nyc every year this was the worst , then taxi took 90 mins to go to midtown nyc close to pier.